Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2016 4:24:30 PM EDT
Seem to of lost the set screw for my rear sight on my .22 m&p google failed to find a replacement, will one from something else work or is it time to upgrade the factory sights?
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:06:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Seem to of lost the set screw for my rear sight on my .22 m&p google failed to find a replacement, will one from something else work or is it time to upgrade the factory sights?
View Quote

I can't answer you directly but I can remark to the fact that my sight blade popped off the first time I shot the gun. Made sure to loctite that puppy in when I got home. I'm surprised it doesn't come with some threadlocker from the factory!

Here's a few things Google popped up - someone says the M&P9 and M&P22 use the same set screw: 5/40 x 3/16". McMaster has flats in 5/32" and 1/8" lengths.

http://www.glocktalk.com/threads/s-w-m-p-rear-sight-set-screw-size-and-link.1467908/

http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wesson-m-p-pistols/269655-set-screw-size-m-p9mm-rear-sights.html
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:36:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks had emailed S&W about buying one but havent heard back from them, will loctite the new one. I never touched the original have probably 1000 rounds through the pistol so far when it was lost. Great gun but I guess the only thing they torque down good at the factory is the thread protector.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:25:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks had emailed S&W about buying one but havent heard back from them, will loctite the new one. I never touched the original have probably 1000 rounds through the pistol so far when it was lost. Great gun but I guess the only thing they torque down good at the factory is the thread protector.
View Quote

Gotcha! My sight blade popped out in the first 50 rounds which clued me in on the issue and I was able to save the screw. Regarding the barrel wrench, the replacement version from EWK is pretty awesome. I also bought a non-threaded thread protector for easy field stripping when I don't have a suppressor (which is always right now). The aftermarket/community is growing for these finally!

Good luck
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 1:03:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Gotcha! My sight blade popped out in the first 50 rounds which clued me in on the issue and I was able to save the screw. Regarding the barrel wrench, the replacement version from EWK is pretty awesome. I also bought a non-threaded thread protector for easy field stripping when I don't have a suppressor (which is always right now). The aftermarket/community is growing for these finally!

Good luck
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck

Mine did the same thing. I sent it back to S&W and they cemented that sucker in there. Now it shoots about 3" left and I can't adjust it.

I'm going to swap them for some aftermarket sights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top