Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2016 1:31:03 PM EDT
Hey all,
I've been working on getting a rimfire steel challenge league set up in my area and just ordered a Blue 22/45 Lite with an assortment of mods to get it up to speed. Do any of you shoot in rimfire matches? If so, let's see your rigs; pistols and rifles!! I'll throw up a pic of mine as soon as my parts get in.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 11:54:08 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want to start a program at a club your best bet is to show up with a box stock gun. You want to encourage everyone to dust off neglected 22's and shoot, and by getting into fancy gear right away discourages participants with stock guns and limited budgets.
At my former club I tended to shoot almost as good with a stock gun as the guys with the fancy set ups, and tended to have far fewer functional issues as well.
One of the things that frustrates me about shooting competitively is it almost always starts off as " let's make this a simple game with simple equipment to encourage many people to shoot" and within a couple years gear queer ness takes over and most competitors end up spending a small fortune on gear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top