Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2016 5:05:34 AM EDT
I have about about 3-4 (at least) different flavors of 22 rf ammo..probably at 1k of each of the following.

22 mini mags
CCI std velocity
Fed Automatch
Aguila SE Sub-Sonic
Win M-22
Remington CMP surplus..

POI changes between them varies a great deal and I guess ideally I should just stick to one and shoot that until it is depleted than move on to the next and readjust the sights of whatever firearm I am using at the time, but there are reasons I don't do that.  For instance, for shooting surpassed in my backyard I'll use the std or subsonic loads.  For shooting at the range or elsewhere that shooting surpassed isn't required, I'll use the fed automatch or M-22.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 8:46:34 AM EDT
[#1]
most of my shooting now is with a CMMG dedicated upper on an AR for a short range 3 gun match and a run and gun carbine match....accuracy is not critical ,even on reduced size USPSA targets, though the 2" Team Challenge targets are challenging at 35yd, so I typically shoot Fed AutoMatch as it is ususally available through Palmetto State Armory... when I shot the Chevy Truck Team Challenge, my 10/22 was tuned for Win Super X as that was what my SW M41 liked... when I shot IHMSA .22 silhouette, my High Standard Citation shot CCI mini mag pretty well out to 100yd and in those days was readily available
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 4:07:27 PM EDT
[#2]
If using click adjustable optics just sight in with most used/favorite hunting.
Note number of clicks in adjustment to sight in other rounds.
type it on piece of cardstock and laminate to prevent water damage after trimming it down to a small tab.
Punch hole in it and run cord or ball chain through it and attach to scope or tape over it on stock.
You can also do the same thing to make a permanent mini range card to help your range adjustments.
You could also use different colors of some paint to make color lines across turret at position where scope is sighted in.
Different colors would only line up for specific rounds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top