Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2016 1:54:34 PM EDT

I see a brief mention of the Majestic Arms Speed Strip thing down the page here a bit, but I'm really hoping for a review. Anybody out there have one installed on their pistol ? Is it worth the money and time to install. I've got a beauty in the safe, but it's such a pain to take apart-put together that it doesn't get any use.

Thanks............BD
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 11:03:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I would just learn to do it the way it was designed. It is really not that difficult.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 8:52:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Instead of simply restating the ritual, here's the secret to easy as pie take down and reassembly:

When you remove and reinstall the mainspring housing assembly just make sure that the hammer is forward in the "fired position" and the little hanging strut you'll see at the very rear of the action, is hanging free and not caught behind the bar in the grip assembly.

When you remove or reinstall the bolt, the hammer must be all the way back in the cocked position. (level and not to far back so it begins to slope downward)

The pin for the mainspring housing will become easier to remove after its been done a few times...or after the gun has been fired a lot.

You don't have to take down the gun every time you shoot it, I take mine down every 3500 rounds or so and clean it like a revolver after every range trip.

The last time I took it down, the mainspring assembly pin slid right out like butter but the guts and bolt assembly were still so clean that I'm guessing it could have gone another 3-4000 rounds without stripping it down for cleaning.

Take that pistol outof the safe and shoot the hell out of it.

One more hint; lube the pistol very, very, sparingly with an aerosol like CLP or G96 Gun Spray and wipe off any excess.

If you over lube you'll needlesly gum up the works and need to strip clean more often.

If you're closing up the mainspring assembly into the grip and there's no "springing action" resistance just before it closes up, then that little swinging strut is caught up behind the bar in the grips and you need to swing the mainspring assembly open and free the little swinging strut from behind the bar.

It needs to be swinging free before you button up the mainspring housing all the way into the grip frame.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 8:17:38 AM EDT
[#3]
1st's post above 100%.

Use enough light to see the strut and pay attention.  Simple.  Been doing it 60 years.   Strut is either engaging the spring cup or not.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 8:45:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Is the OP talking about a takedown or is he talking about breaking down a MK II or MK III?
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 8:29:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is the OP talking about a takedown or is he talking about breaking down a MK II or MK III?
View Quote

He's gone but the thread title says was asking for "takedown help".

So far as the Majestic Arms aftermarket mainspring housing replacement goes, if one understands the position that the parts need to be in relationship to one another for disassembly and reassembly it's unnecessary.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top