Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2016 2:20:55 PM EDT
Having trouble deciding between these 2 for a host for a Spectre 2 I have coming. I want to run an optic so any of the smaller autos aren't a consideration. Which would you choose and why?
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:33:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I choose a 22/45 over what was available a couple years ago because of the aftermarket.
You can get just about any part you want to replace for the 22/45. Try finding aftermarket parts for other platforms.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 5:39:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I personally hate the 22/45 because of its takedown. I have a threaded barrel victory on order to replace it. I will say the victory is a good bit heavier.

If you haven't messed with a 22/45 I'd look at youtube on the stupid take down for cleaning and everyone's version of the shake to get it back together.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 6:57:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a 22/45 some years ago (non-threaded), so I am familiar with the takedown.  I am not a fan of it, but it isn't a dealbreaker as well if it that much better than the Victory.  I've handled both quite a few times and while they are very different, they are both equally intriguing to me.  I really like the takedown, non serialized upper, no LCI, better sights of the Victory.  I like the aftermarket support for the 22/45, but wonder if it is $100+ more gun once all said aftermarket parts are paid for and installed (Threaded Victory is $389.00 and 22/45 lite is $429.00).  From what little I can find on the Victory it seems as though it will be a bit louder in comparison to the Ruger. Advantage Ruger on that one.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:38:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't be afraid of the Ruger field strip. If you can read you can do the feild strip. I have several MK series pistols and take down on all three is simple. I have a Ruger 22/45 Lite that I can field strip and reassemble in 20 seconds and I'm no genius.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top