Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2016 11:46:10 AM EDT
I love this pistol, but somehow when I shoot it, my hand pushes the safety on.  The safety is then really stiff to push off.  No matter how I adjust my grip, this keeps happening.

Yeah, I have huge hands.  No, I am not Donald Trump.

Is there a fix for this?  
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 6:53:45 PM EDT
[#1]
All of the 41's I've handled had very stiff safeties.  I'm not even sure why they were included honestly...
Regarding your issue I would say that perhaps you need to install a new safety?  It sounds like the area that holds it "off" is worn compared to the area that holds it "on."  You might contact someone like KC Kustom or Clark custom for more advice.

Additionally, there aren't going to be many people who can justify spending the money on a 41 on an AR15 website I would wager.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 7:04:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All of the 41's I've handled had very stiff safeties.  I'm not even sure why they were included honestly...
Regarding your issue I would say that perhaps you need to install a new safety?  It sounds like the area that holds it "off" is worn compared to the area that holds it "on."  You might contact someone like KC Kustom or Clark custom for more advice.

Additionally, there aren't going to be many people who can justify spending the money on a 41 on an AR15 website I would wager.
View Quote

There are several of us here that have 41's, some of us even use them as suppressor hosts.

Every 41 I have shot had stiff safetys as well,including mine. I don't engage mine b/c of how stiff & awkward it  is to disengage it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

There are several of us here that have 41's, some of us even use them as suppressor hosts.

Every 41 I have shot had stiff safetys as well,including mine. I don't engage mine b/c of how stiff & awkward it  is to disengage it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's see, design the gun based off of the venerable 1911.  Design safety based on sharp pointy edges!

On a side note, if I ever sell my Scorpion (or make more $$$) then I'd like to get a 41 with a Clark barrel...
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 7:25:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Let's see, design the gun based off of the venerable 1911.  Design safety based on sharp pointy edges!

On a side note, if I ever sell my Scorpion (or make more $$$) then I'd like to get a 41 with a Clark barrel...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm one of the lucky few who have a Bully Barrel by Ray.......sadly he quit making them. I do have a Clark Custom barreled Ruger MK I from way back when Jim Clark first started doing custom work on Rugers at his original location when it was just him. It shoots very nice groups.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 7:21:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Perhaps a grip change is needed to fit your hand better. Nill or Herrett's are popular brands. The factory grips work well for me but I'm just an average guy. If it's just a range toy, you could disable the safety by removing it, pin it down in the "unsafe" position or trim down the lever with a Dremel to make it flush (or just below) the edge of the grip (my best idea).

I have an early 80's 5.5" 41 that I bought used with 8 mags. I know the previous owner had shot some Bullseye matches with it. It shoots better than I can & I can't bring myself to use the Bully barrel I purchased for it. That's correct, I have an unused, original Bully barrel (#101). Someday I'll break down and shoot it but there's no time for it right now.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:15:31 PM EDT
[#6]
 I have the same issue with my 41, guess I need to hunt up some different grips that position my hand a little lower.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 3:27:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You will be happy with that combo....

Link Posted: 7/6/2016 2:16:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't know if I've ever even used the safety on my 41. It's so small and hard to actuate! Maybe mine is stiffer than normal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top