Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 4:20:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, my Victory stopped functioning yesterday.  

It will not fire.  It is like the trigger is dead.  It feeds and ejects fine, but when I pull the trigger nothing happens.

I only have around 350 rounds through it.  I will be contacting S&W next week.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 4:44:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 12:55:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here is an article in Rifleman magazine about the Victory that has a chart show their groupings at 25 yards.  https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2016/12/21/when-worlds-collide-smith-s-sw22-victory/
View Quote

Thanks--I appreciate the link! I hadn't found that, since it hadn't been published when I was looking. LOL The average was 1.16 inches at 25 yards. Not too bad.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 12:18:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Just bought one last night. The only thing I dont like is the 5.5" barrel, you need minimum a 4.5" to keep bulkpak .22 ammo subsonic for suppressor use.

What drew me to this gun is how it breaks down. I HATE cleaning 22s and this one makes it a breeze. After initially taking it down and seeing how all the parts fit togather, I'd wondered if I'd made a mistake buying it. Rigidity is an attribute of accuracy, and if the barrel screw or takedown screw come loose the gun gets sloppy and malfunctions. Lots of people online were reporting this. Found that a lot of people were solving the problem with loctite though. I'll do that plus add a lock washer to the takedown screw.

Monkeying around with it, I found when the  screws are tight the gun is rock solid. But one loose turn and it all falls apart. Seems to be its Achilles heel.

Cant wait to see how it shoots.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 5:13:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 8:34:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I just ordered the threaded barrel SW22 for $330 shipped from PSA.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 9:56:51 PM EDT
[#7]
That's just my luck.

I bought the threaded version locally for 375 + tax.

I would have saved $25 bucks, but I supported my LGS in the process.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 8:31:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I did some horse trading with a local shop and now have a SW22 threaded barrel. His price was 377.00

Will try to take it out tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:06:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I bought a Victory yesterday, cleaned/lubed it and took it out today.  Put 200 rounds of CCI Mini Mags through it without an issue then another 200 Federal AutoMatch, again without an issue.
Tossed a cheap reflex on it and once zeroed, the gun was dead on accurate at 50 ft.  Tried out a MK IV today as well and although nice, I didn't think it was $230 nicer than the Victory.  The
take down screw was fairly tight, but nothing like some have described.  I put an o-ring on it and so far so good today.  Overall, it's been well worth the money.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:22:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Part of my trade for the threaded Victory was a 22/45 mk2. My thought was that it would be a host if I ever got around to getting it threaded, but I figured by the time it got cut and threaded, I'd be into it for more than the threaded Victory.

Now let's hope the Hearing Protection Act passes ....
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:46:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought a threaded version as soon as I could find one. It replaced my 22/45 lite which I loved to shoot but hated to take down. My SW22 has been flawless with several thousand rounds thru it. I have a TRS25 optic for my old eyes, and I have a Thompson Machine can in jail for I think about another month.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 8:03:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Picked one up about a a out a week ago, it has shot great.  Shot about 250rds of Federal Automatch and the pistol loves it. One hole groups at 10yds give or take and absolutely no malfunctions. Last two groups right above pistol were shot right after I finished dialing in the Fastfire III and those are 1" circles.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7440/27737916822_bb87e7ee0a_h.jpg

However, the takedown screw was siezed and no amount of heat or penetrating oil helped. Destroyed two quality hex wrenches before the screw stripped.  I ended up drilling the head with a number 10  bit  and using this spline extractor to get it out.  Waiting on new screw from Smith so in the mean time I just dremeled a slot in the screw for a flat blade driver and all is good.

5/32 Spline Extractor
View Quote

Nice shooting, I like those tack driver targets. My Victory take down screw was just the opposite, it would come loose after 50 or so rounds. I put a high collar lock washer on the hex cap screw.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 8:24:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Took the victory out today. Was shooting about 30 yards at 12" steel. It's a shootin' mofo.

Winchester X had no issues as with Federal Automatch.

Remington Golden, I had to most issues with and that being the occasional fail to eject.

No issue with loosening the barrel screw, used an o-ring on it and no issues with it loosening up, but then we only got to shoot about 300 rounds out of it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 8:48:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Took the victory out today. Was shooting about 30 yards at 12" steel. It's a shootin' mofo.

Winchester X had no issues as with Federal Automatch.

Remington Golden, I had to most issues with and that being the occasional fail to eject.

No issue with loosening the barrel screw, used an o-ring on it and no issues with it loosening up, but then we only got to shoot about 300 rounds out of it.
View Quote

Federal AutoMatch is my go to rimfire ammo. I buy it 3250 rds at a time.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 9:30:05 PM EDT
[#15]
looks like my 20 year old buckmark
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 1:35:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Can I put blue Loctite on the takedown screw or is the O-ring the only option?
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 1:59:15 PM EDT
[#17]
any links for a rubber washer or high collar washer referred to in above posts?  
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 3:21:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
any links for a rubber washer or high collar washer referred to in above posts?  
View Quote

I bought a pack of #60 o-rings from home depot. So far so good.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 3:32:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Can I put blue Loctite on the takedown screw or is the O-ring the only option?
View Quote

You can use blue or purple from what I've read on the S&W forum.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 11:35:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Just ordered a threaded version from PSA, its already on the way to me dealer.  Ill be breaking it in during lunch next week.  It is going to be my second 22 pistol, my first being a first release Walther P22.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 2:00:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Are any of you using a Vortex Venom or Viper on your Victory?
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 1:55:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Just got a call that my .22 can is ready to be picked up. Too bad it's in OH. and I'm in FL. My Victory with the can will be awesome.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:15:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I bought a pack of #60 o-rings from home depot. So far so good.
View Quote

I've got a bunch of Viton O-rings that I bought when getting O-rings for AR-15 extractors.

If you need a O-ring, send me a pm, and SASE envelope and I'll send you three. One offer per household, offer runs out when I'm down to like 30 O-rings.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 6:10:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Just picked up my pistol, plan to shoot it on thurs during lunch.  Now on to a holster.  Not many options unfortunately and even less for a lefty.  I have been thinking about trying my hand at some leather holster making.  Maybe this is just the thing for it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:32:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Just picked up my pistol, plan to shoot it on thurs during lunch.  Now on to a holster.  Not many options unfortunately and even less for a lefty.  I have been thinking about trying my hand at some leather holster making.  Maybe this is just the thing for it.
View Quote

Kydex is super easy to mold and fairly cheap to get into if you have some foam and scrap wood lying around, I have to imagine some of those generic "Uncle Mikes" type holsters for other similarly sized .22s would fit the bill, especially (presumably) for a .22 you're not looking for a super high speed piece of gear. Would be nice and cheap too.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:01:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You can use blue or purple from what I've read on the S&W forum.
View Quote

There is a thread that I started on SW forum about this subject. it's here. But the best solution we found was a #12 high collar split washer.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:30:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Kydex is super easy to mold and fairly cheap to get into if you have some foam and scrap wood lying around, I have to imagine some of those generic "Uncle Mikes" type holsters for other similarly sized .22s would fit the bill, especially (presumably) for a .22 you're not looking for a super high speed piece of gear. Would be nice and cheap too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want something nicer like the TripleK and I already have some leather tools and leather working experience so I plan on trying my hand at making something similar to the TripleK.  I want to try making a 1911 holster too.

Shooting Report:
Took the pistol out to my local indoor range.  Ran some bulk pack Winchester through it.  First two mags had a few failure to feeds, but after than it ran 100%.  Trigger was great and I really like the sights.  Before shooting I did put some locktite on the takedown screw, but during shooting it still came loose.  I ended up getting a pack of rubber o-rings and put one on.  We will see how my next outing goes.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:16:15 AM EDT
[#28]
A quick update. I installed a Tandemkross trigger and bought another red dot. The original trigger wasn't bad, but the new trigger is significantly better. I shoot bullseye with the Victory and so far it has performed flawlessly. The washer on the takedown has worked perfectly as well. I have about 800 rounds through it and no issues to report.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 12:55:50 PM EDT
[#29]
I like mine so farAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 10:37:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Looking for suggestions. First time out the Victory would fail to feed a round in about every other magazine.

Second time out it would fail to feed or eject about every other round. For a few of the magazines it barely wanted to load the first round when I would pull back the bolt and let it go. And then on one magazine it spit out the magazine halfway through. Every time I was inserting them with the bolt locked back.

Two of the magazines were the ones that came with it. Four were purchased after fact and it was their first time out. Have only tried cci SV in it.

Any suggestions?

The take down screw was tight, gun had been cleaned prior to second trip and mags were loaded correctly.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:41:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Are any of you using a Vortex Venom or Viper on your Victory?
View Quote

Using a Venom on mine. Like if a lot.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:40:39 AM EDT
[#32]
I put a Vortex Venom on my Victory and just shot it this past weekend. I need to get used to the red dot but the pistol is accurate with it at the 25 yards I was shooting the pistol at.
I like it and had fun shooting the pistol, it's my first real 22 pistol for target shooting.I had a Beretta 21a years ago but that's not a target gun. All these years shooting guns and always thought 22's were boring,I was wrong. 

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 12:18:32 PM EDT
[#33]
About 250 rounds through it. No problems yet.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:30:11 AM EDT
[#34]
So far I love my Victory but I have noticed a slight issue. Has anyone else notice that with the longest of .22LR ammo, they drag on the inside of the magazine and will usually FTF, especially non-jacketed? It seems only certain ammo does this and its kind of annoying...
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:19:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
So far I love my Victory but I have noticed a slight issue. Has anyone else notice that with the longest of .22LR ammo, they drag on the inside of the magazine and will usually FTF, especially non-jacketed? It seems only certain ammo does this and its kind of annoying...
View Quote
What ammo? I have been using CCI SV almost exclusively because I have a suppressor on mine. Almost 1k with no cleaning and only one failure to fire, got a bang after a second try.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 2:48:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

What ammo? I have been using CCI SV almost exclusively because I have a suppressor on mine. Almost 1k with no cleaning and only one failure to fire, got a bang after a second try.
View Quote
I believe the main culprit was CCI SV actually. I cant seem to remember the other brand I had an issue with. Like I said, no issues going bang, just dragging and feeding coming out of the magazine...
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 4:38:36 PM EDT
[#37]
I held one yesterday for the first time. While I wouldn't call it heavy I'd definitely call it "dense", being heavy for its size. It was threaded and priced at $399. Given the mixed reviews I'll probably look for something else or wait a couple years to see if the issues get sorted out.

I suffered enough with a Sig Mosquito. Never again will I be a company's R&D field tester.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 9:03:04 PM EDT
[#38]
I have over 500 rounds thru mine so far and except for a few cartridges that did not fire but were hit by the firing pin, there has been no other problems with my Victory. The Cartridges had good strikes ,so I'm assuming it was the ammo's fault. One I put back in the magazine and tried shooting it 4 more times and still would not fire ,some of the others did fire when I tried them again.
I would guess it was less then ten rounds that did not fire on the first trigger pull out of over 500,which in my experience is about what I expect out of rim fire ammo.
Just putting this out there for posterity. 
And one more thing .... This pistol is tons of fun, I'm really really liking it. I'm glad I bought it on a whim. 
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 4:28:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Looking at getting the threaded model.

Is the general consensus S&W Victory's are GTG?
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 7:01:57 PM EDT
[#41]
I have about a thousand trouble free rounds through mine. I'm liking it very much. 
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top