Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2015 5:27:28 AM EDT
Seems this pistol is never recommended, but having owned the p22,22/45,m&p22,and 1911-22 I find it to be the best.
It's nice and heavy and feels like a real pistol. Lots of accessories
can added from real 1911 parts, such as tuning the hammer springs .etc
for use with various rounds. Grips,Mag release,thumb safety,grip
safety,main spring housing and main spring,sear spring, disconnector,
hammer, hammer strut, and sear can all be changed with real 1911 parts.

Seems more reliable than my 22/45 (so does the m&p22) I believe because of the larger ejection port and the fact that the sliding mechanism isn't susceptible to grime build up like the 22/45.
The only downside is that larger reddot sights can't be mounted to it without having issues with short cycling due the heavy weight of the slide, this problem is also present in most full .22s based on actual pistols. This is not an issue with designs like 22/45 and buckmark since sights are not mounted to the slide mechanism.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:42:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Walther/Colt Gold Cup .22 and much prefer my Buck Mark. Feels better in the hand, has a great trigger right out of the box, and is a really nice shooter.

YMMV, though.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:54:59 AM EDT
[#2]
how does it do for accuracy? ... I have not shot one, and it would have to beat out both of these to get my vote, and I don't own the Pardini any more

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:57:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Thread title is hilarious.

S&W 41, Marvel 1911, Hammerli/Sig...  and those aren't even really "high end". I'd also take a Buck mark over those
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:16:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thread title is hilarious.

S&W 41, Marvel 1911, Hammerli/Sig...  and those aren't even really "high end". I'd also take a Buck mark over those
View Quote
Paid $256 for the colt brand new

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 1:47:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Convince me the Colt/Walther isn't the best .22 pistol.....

but having owned the p22,22/45,m&p22,and 1911-22 I find it to be the best
View Quote

Dear Tech-Com,

you still need much more experience to make an absolute statement like that. I have owned or shot most serious target pistols and plinkers and still  do not want to make a universal statement about the "best" rimfire pistol but my favorite is the Hämmerli 212, also known as Jägerschaftspistole.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 2:56:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Dear Tech-Com,

you still need much more experience to make an absolute statement like that. I have owned or shot most serious target pistols and plinkers and still  do not want to make a universal statement about the "best" rimfire pistol but my favorite is the Hämmerli 212, also known as Jägerschaftspistole.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z159/Andyd173/DSCF4503.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Dear Tech-Com,

What's something like that cost? My motivation was really a challenge against the common pistols that are always recommended when someone asks for advice. The colt often gets left out despite being better than its cousin the walther m&p-22

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:09:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What's something like that cost? My motivation was really a challenge against the common pistols that are always recommended when someone asks for advice. The colt often gets left out despite being better than its cousin the walther m&p-22

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dear Tech-Com,

The price is irrelevant when it is about the best. I used to shoot competitively and learnt that equipment does make a difference and the gun is just one part of it. The Hämmerli International is the last successful .22 l.r  competition pistol that looks somewhat like a firearm and not just some sports equipment, imho. I have to confess that I had owned and used a Gehmann Walther GSP.....

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 10:13:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Have owned/own nearly every type of .22 and my absolute favorite is this one. I have the .22 and the .32 S&W Long Wadcutter barrel. Absolutely sweetest shooting and accurate handgun I own.

http://www.carl-walther.de/cw.php?lang=en&content=products&sub=1&subsub=13&product=158
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top