Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2015 7:41:05 PM EDT
Anyone own or has owned one? I'm looking at the x-esse long model.

http://haemmerli.info/en/products/2742780_x-esse_long_black.html

Problem is, I know nothing about them first hand.    
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 9:09:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Sig Sauer resold the Xesse as the Sig Trailside.

I have the 6" barrel model, it has been excellent. Given the price of a new Xesse, I'd look for a used Trailside.

You can buy parts and such here:

http://www.larrysguns.com/default.aspx
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 11:17:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I had two Trailsides. Loved the way they felt, but I wasn't impressed with reliability. That said, I learned sometime after I had sold both that they are designed for standard velocity ammo and apparently don't take well to shooting cheap bulk pack stuff through them.

I know they also had an issue with the end of the trigger guard cracking. It was part of what held the slide on the frame. You would pivot the trigger guard down so that you could retract the slide far enough to slip it off the rails.

ETA: Not mine, but here's a pic I've seen before.

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:29:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Looking at the 208 model now. They ain't cheap!  
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 1:04:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looking at the 208 model now. They ain't cheap!  
View Quote

The Hämmerli International was never cheap but is a very well made pistol that ruled international competitions for decades and still holds an unbroken record. They are very durable and probably only the Belgian FN Medalist pistols match their longevity and reliability.

The 208 is the description for the model with orthopedic grips, 211 was the designation for sporter grips with a thumbrest. I have 212 grips without the thumbrest on my International and a 212 along. If you look for a Hämmerli 208, make sure you get the tool pouch and the extra magazine, as well as extra weights with it, they are very pricey.

Link Posted: 12/3/2015 1:09:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I have always wanted a Hammerli pistol.  I have never seen one for sale.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 1:12:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have always wanted a Hammerli pistol.  I have never seen one for sale.
View Quote

Your best place to look is targettalk.org

Have about 1,500 to two grand laying around.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 9:23:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a line on a gently used one for a "mere" $1,650. The "good" news is, it come with two mags & free shipping................  
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:25:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have a line on a gently used one for a "mere" $1,650. The "good" news is, it come with two mags & free shipping................  
View Quote

That is not too much, as a spare magazine should be worth well over $100. Which weight does it have? The standard slim weight is 80 grams and is sufficient. The tool roll has a spare firing pin and spring in it, as well as hex keys, a punch, cleaning kit, and a screwdriver.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Bought mine today! No tool kit but two mags.

There's two or three on GB right now, FWIW.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 12:37:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Bought mine today! No tool kit but two mags.

There's two or three on GB right now, FWIW.
View Quote

Congratulations! The tool roll is nice to have but I barely ever use things out of it and guess that you also have your favorite gun tools already. You can get a Nill grip for the International that feel very nice and allow two handed shooting. Please post pictures when you receive the Hämmerli and a range report.

A friend of mine has over 40,000 rounds through an old International and the gun still looks and shoots fine. Telltale signs of high round counts are usually rub marks  on the frame caused by the slide. The only thing I have seen go bad on a Hämmerli 208 that was a club owned gun was the slide release that became wobbly. Waltther had the same issue on the old GSP and later ommitted the slide release for that reason.

Nill grips
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top