Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2015 12:43:55 PM EDT
I ordered this online.

It's about to be shipped today and I just noticed that the mag capacity is 7 rounds.

Looking around I noticed that some have 7 round capacities and some have 10, but I can't tell if this is one of those CA, NY or Massachusetts compliant deals.  Can anyone help me understand if this gun is commie compliant or is it just the magazine?
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 5:13:40 PM EDT
[#1]
There are four or more versions of the PPK/s, one manufactured in Germany (Walther Ulm), Manhurin under license in France, possibley Interarms under license in the US (might be centerfire only) S&W under license may be just centerfire and Walther PPK/s 22 LR manufactured in Ft Smith Arkansas.  The Ft Smith AR PPK/s holds 10 rounds and the German and licensed PP, PPK/s 22 LR held 10+1(normally only functioned with 8), the PPK 22 LR held 8+1.  One of the better threads on the differences between the Ft. Smith and German manufactured Walther PP series is in the link.

I think the ad in your link used the round count in the specifications for the 380, 7+1.  I just saw where Walther has begun production of the Walther PPK/s at the Ft. Smith AR facility.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=570648&page=2
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 11:55:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Assuming the pistol is the one pictured, the standard magazine capacity is 10 rounds according to the Walther web site. The only magazine listed is 10 round.

However, several other sites are listing the gun as having a 7 round magazine. That being the case, I would suggest you call the people you ordered from. My
guess is, the capacity listing in the ad is actually for the Walther PPK/S 380. Call to make sure.

I noticed that the ad claims the frame is made of stainless steel. If that is correct, then this is a major upgrade to the design. The original Umarex Walther
was made from a Zinc alloy. So was the slide. If this has changed, the information should be all over the web - and it is not. The pistol is manufactured
in Germany by Umarex. It has some internal and many external similarities to the original PPK/S pistols but is not the same gun.

Manufacture of the originals started in 1968.  These pistols were made of steel and are out of production. No 22 caliber PPK, PPK/S or PP pistols have been
manufactured in the USA.

Link Posted: 11/18/2015 2:01:46 PM EDT
[#3]
If German real steel fame and slide gun, load 8, chamber 1, do not top off, or else jamb a matic.  I know nothing of the later pot metal ones.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 4:27:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Assuming the pistol is the one pictured, the standard magazine capacity is 10 rounds according to the Walther web site. The only magazine listed is 10 round.

However, several other sites are listing the gun as having a 7 round magazine. That being the case, I would suggest you call the people you ordered from. My

guess is, the capacity listing in the ad is actually for the Walther PPK/S 380. Call to make sure.

I noticed that the ad claims the frame is made of stainless steel. If that is correct, then this is a major upgrade to the design. The original Umarex Walther

was made from a Zinc alloy. So was the slide. If this has changed, the information should be all over the web - and it is not. The pistol is manufactured

in Germany by Umarex. It has some internal and many external similarities to the original PPK/S pistols but is not the same gun.

Manufacture of the originals started in 1968.  These pistols were made of steel and are out of production. No 22 caliber PPK, PPK/S or PP pistols have been

manufactured in the USA.

View Quote
You are correct.  The dealer emailed and let me know that it was a 10 round mag.  I picked it up yesterday.

Link Posted: 12/11/2015 12:39:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one of the PPK .22s made by Umarex and thought the frame was aluminum, I knew the slide was the zinc alloy (Zamak?) but thought the frame was mode of slightly stouter stuff...
To add, I love mine and did have a warranty claim on it but Umarex took good care of me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top