Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/6/2015 8:29:07 PM EDT
Hey I'm one of the last hold outs for metal frames on my guns; I do prefer them.  But WHOA, the price for that Volquartzen frame is way too high.  Unless I'm missing something, what does it do that a 22/45 frame doesn't do?
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 8:48:15 PM EDT
[#1]
People are not knowledgeable about disassembling frames, and then rebuilding them.

So they pay for it.

And ooooh! Cool trigger guard!
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 11:24:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I had Volquartsenized 8 Ruger 22/45's between mine and my friends before getting a chance to shoot a VC 22/45 Target frame, The VC frame is built with much more precision than the molded Ruger frame. The pln holes are a much better fit which makes for less slop in in the action and makes for a better operating gun. The front locking lug is adjustable using a set of supplied spacers to make a fit that dose not require beating on your gun to separate the two half's. The spacer system also makes it easy to have the ability to change the upper with other uppers and still have a common lower feel and trigger.  While the price dose make it out of reach for some it dose not make it a bad or usless buy. I have a account with a major online parts company that when I bought mine I got free shipping and a coupon for my birthday and paid $365.00. A great buy for much less than a lot of custom work. Oh I almost forgot to mention how much more the way cool looking trigger gaurd works with a 2 hand hold. I'm looking forward to my next birthday to pick up another one.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 12:28:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I think Volqs could make a totally stripped frame, into which you could drop all your Ruger parts, and it would cost a lot less.  But they don't.  

The other route is to add Volqs upgrade parts to the plastic Ruger frame and end up with a better trigger etc.  When you buy the aluminum frame, you're getting a lot more than just an aluminum frame.

I think it's worth it.  If someone else does not, I'm OK with it.  
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 8:39:13 AM EDT
[#4]
As pointed out the VQ frame does have some advantages over the stock Ruger frame. Do those advantages justify the price? That is something everybody has to decide for themselves? For me no, not even close but I don't care what others do with their money so I wouldn't knock someone else for buying one. I've bought more then my fair share of things that others might think are overpriced. All depends on your needs and wants and how much you are willing to spend to fulfill them?
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 1:10:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As pointed out the VQ frame does have some advantages over the stock Ruger frame. Do those advantages justify the price? That is something everybody has to decide for themselves? For me no, not even close but I don't care what others do with their money so I wouldn't knock someone else for buying one. I've bought more then my fair share of things that others might think are overpriced. All depends on your needs and wants and how much you are willing to spend to fulfill them?
View Quote

Exactly!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top