Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2015 7:25:05 PM EDT
Hello all, well today the girlfriend and I hit the range with her new Ruger SR22.  Almost 1,300 rounds later, she decides that she needs better sights , as her vision isn't the best ( even with her glasses on.)  So I was thinking something along the lines in fiber optic. So my question is, what's available these days for her SR22? She prefers fixed sights if that helps at all? So whatcha think guys?   And no I'm not posting photos you pervs........
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 10:34:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Man doesn't follow rules, lucky I had that pistol and it was my ex'es "gateway" pistol .

https://www.tandemkross.com/mobile/Williams-Fire-Sight-Set-for-Ruger-SR22--70987_p_115.html
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 6:28:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Near sighted or far sighted most problems can be fixed in a more effective manner with the right eyeglasses rather than the sights
If far sighted ( needs glasses for reading up close ) she needs to wear reading glasses to read the sights and keep the target fuzzy
If near sighted ( can't read road signs need glasses for driving ) she needs to pick glasses that make the target fuzzy and sights sharp which I often find is no rx at all. Put the sharp sight picture in the center of the blurry target and activate the trigger without disturbing the sights.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 8:23:20 PM EDT
[#3]
She's far sighted, and wears glasses for such, but after spending the good part of our afternoon at the range shooting our 22's  ( Her SR22, and my Ruger MKII, as well as my new M&P 22,) she's come to the conclusion that she plain out doesn't like the sights on her 22. I also have a Glock 19 with a fiber optic front sight that she loves, ( Warren Tactical with a fiber optic front sight) and has stated to me how much she enjoys the bright contrast, so that's what got me thinking what's out there for her SR22.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top