Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2015 8:26:25 AM EDT
Seems to be in nearly new condition-- perfect bore, no blemish.  $420 LNIB.  No pics; can't pick it up until July 27.

What should I look for in terms of wear, most likely sources for issues, lubrication?

I'm aware they are difficult to disassemble/reassemble; I intend to shoot it before sitting down with some videos.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:56:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Your plan is a good one. You got a good deal too.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 11:22:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine has been very reliable for over 7500 rounds except for stoppages clearly caused by weak defective ammunition.

I have broken it down only every 2500-3000 rounds or so, but I clean it like a revolver after every range session.

The only lubrication I've ever performed is a very,very light coating of G96 Aerosaol Gun Spray on the bolt and the internal parts the straw can get to.

When I do field strip it I notice a hard deposit on the top of the bolt/recoil spring, that looks like silver soldier but dissolves with Hoppes or CLP.

The hardest part of the dis-assembly/reassembly process is getting the little strut to fall properly into the notch in the mainspring housing assembly.

Good luck with yours; mine has been terrific.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 4:37:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Congrats on a great .22lr pistol.  I have a Ruger Mark III Hunter and owned it for about 9 years now.  It is easy to disassemble/field strip - Mark III disassebly. At the very least get a mag disconnect bushing and the LCI filler from Tandemkross and install these parts in your new gun.  Check the bolt for excessive wear and lubricate as necessary and after cleaning.  My Mark III Hunter runs like a sewing machine with no issues whatsoever since new.  BTW I did install a Volquartsen Trigger Accurizing Kit and a few other VQ bits in my gun.  Oh, and buy lots of magazines and the Ultimate Clip loader to keep the fun going at the range.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:49:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep. The trigger kit is great. It will let you take down like a mark II. I removed the loaded chamber indicator and this helps with carbon build up. Very, Very accurate, shoots suppressed awesome.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:49:49 PM EDT
[#5]
The first time you try to reassemble you'll begin to doubt your mechanical skills.  After you've done it a dozen times it will be second nature.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top