Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2015 12:46:10 PM EDT
just set up a 22/45 with tandemkross rail, etc...

Was about to pull trigger on FFIII and read horrible nightmares on MOA adjustment (lack there of, requiring grinding on mount) on my exact setup and customer service.

Any thoughts?

What are other optic options similar to this? Looking at Primary Arms or the Vortex ones that arent available yet.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 12:58:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have any links?  Can you elaberate?

I have a couple of FasFire IIIs on Rugers and the zeroed just fine.

They have the factory weaver/picatinny mount and no issues.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 12:38:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm glad to hear you have had good experiences as have most from my research. May just have gotten to bad apples but read the 1 star reviews at the following link http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/cr/B007I9D8QE/ref=mw_dp_cr

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you have any links?  Can you elaberate?

I have a couple of FasFire IIIs on Rugers and the zeroed just fine.iy

They have the factory weaver/picatinny mount and no issues.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 1:24:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Some of those 1 star reviews are people complaining about the sight being too small, you should know what you are ordering. One guy even complained about Sportsmans Warehouse selling him a damaged used one in a open package how is that a QC issue? 85% of those reviews are 4 stars or better, buy from a reputable vendor and you'll be good. The only issues I've heard of were people using the picatanny mount on a weaver rail.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 10:07:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What are other optic options similar to this? Looking at Primary Arms or the Vortex ones that arent available yet.
View Quote

Leupold Deltapoint

Trijicon RMR
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 11:31:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I have plenty of rounds on this 45

works fine
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 11:43:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I've had one for a while, never had trouble zeroing or holding zero.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 1:23:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Mine was pretty fucky, I either ran out of elevation or needed less... can't remember.

Haven't pulled it out of the safe since
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 12:30:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I have had no issues with mine. I have both of Primary Arms reflex sights and switched to the FF III for a couple of reasons. The PA sights worked fine, but each had a feature that made them not a good fit for my use. The push button version didn't have enough protection for the switch, and my particular pistol case turned it on too easily. The battery life is good enough that it probably wouldn't have been too much of an issue for the relatively short time the gun is cased, but it bugged me. The auto on/off/brightness version didn't work at night, and since I sometimes shoot rats at night, it was a no go. I love Primary Arms, but the FFIII was a better choice for me..... I did buy my FFIII from Primary though.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 11:01:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have had no issues with mine. I have both of Primary Arms reflex sights and switched to the FF III for a couple of reasons. The PA sights worked fine, but each had a feature that made them not a good fit for my use. The push button version didn't have enough protection for the switch, and my particular pistol case turned it on too easily. The battery life is good enough that it probably wouldn't have been too much of an issue for the relatively short time the gun is cased, but it bugged me. The auto on/off/brightness version didn't work at night, and since I sometimes shoot rats at night, it was a no go. I love Primary Arms, but the FFIII was a better choice for me..... I did buy my FFIII from Primary though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v672/JKW/78FA8A4C-7E9E-4938-A7CC-15C17DA92365_zpspvkjjfot.jpg
View Quote

What mount are you using on the one with the FF?  Homemade?  

In any event, it looks great.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 8:54:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I have two Burris FF III sights, with the 3 moa dot.  I use them on a 9mm CZ P-09 bullseye gun and on a CZ-97 .45 bullseye gun.  I think I have about 8k rounds through the P-09 with the Burris sight.  No problems at all.  Only 2-3k rounds through the 97 with the Burris.  Again, no problems.  They work great on a slide on a centerfire pistol, in my opinion.  The glass isn't as perfect optically as an Ultradot, but the expense isn't as high as the other reflex sights, either.  The glass doesn't cause any accuracy problems, there is just a little distortion, that's all.   I have had one on a 22 as well, but use the Ultradots on the 22's and moved the Burris to the centerfire guns.  I've used the Burris sights in many 100 and 200 yard demonstrations on the pistols. Good sight.

Joe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top