Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2015 2:49:13 AM EDT
I have a new VC target frame and pac-lite upper. got all the final parts in today and went to assemble… I had read to expect a slightly loose fit between the two…but I am having the exact opposite problem
I can not get the upper on far enough to assemble the mainspring. I don't want to damage the gun, so iv tapped it generously with a mallet, but still need about 1/16". the VC frame came with two spacers it says might be required, do I need to try those out? or am I just not being tough enough on it?? The spacers don't say which to use if fit is too tight...
thanks
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:25:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Just did this!  Last night, actually. I ended up swapping a few spacers around until finally getting the right combination. Super tight fit with no "wiggle".

It took two spacers but I'm not sure which ones / or if they're different thicknesses.

Eta: three fit but it was still loose like it was on the standard 22/45 frame. If it is too loose, you can do the "coke can shim" thingie in the back as well.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 1:00:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just did this!  Last night, actually. I ended up swapping a few spacers around until finally getting the right combination. Super tight fit with no "wiggle".

It took two spacers but I'm not sure which ones / or if they're different thicknesses.

Eta: three fit but it was still loose like it was on the standard 22/45 frame. If it is too loose, you can do the "coke can shim" thingie in the back as well.
View Quote

ok so help me out, if upper is not going on all the way I need to add a spacer? By looking at it, that would help the frame "peg" fit into the upper...
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 3:14:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Exactly.

I received the frame with one spacer already installed under the front removable "lug".  The paclite wouldn't fit on the frame.  I put two additional spacers in and went on with a little bit of "love".  Though it was somewhat tight getting the upper installed, I was unhappy with that fit because it still "wiggled" a little bit at the back of the frame/upper.  I then went down to two spacers.  While it was a very tight fit initially, the lower and upper slid together.  I didn't use a rubber mallet or bang the gun on anything, but used both my hands and kind of "squeezed" the upper backwards on to the frame while "pushing" the frame forward.  

I've function tested and all works as it should.  One thing to note- be damn careful putting the mainspring housing in.  Make sure you do it correctly!  The tolerances are so tight that it took me FOREVER to get the damn thing out and re-assembled...  that's what i get for rushing the process, though.

I'm really quite happy with the fit and finish and really love the two-tone look (silver frame, black matte paclite).  All that's left is to add a tritium front sight post and my critter gun is complete.  

Already dispatched TONS of coons and skunks with this thing and the standard 22/45 lower.  REALLY looking forward to getting out with the new set-up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top