Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2015 1:21:15 PM EDT
I've got a 25 year old Ruger MkII with 6" tapered barrel. I'd like to have the barrel threaded and have the sight moved back or have it replaced with a threaded bull barrel. Anyone offer this service?
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 2:12:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Just buy a tac-sol upper and sell your current upper.  It will be cheaper.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 2:38:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Not interested in that route. I'd spend an extra $40 and get another 22/45 light before I'd  do that.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 2:55:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Clark Custom Guns in Princeton, Louisiana replaced a fubared barrel on my MKII about a year and a half ago.

I bought a new takeoff bull barrel on ebay for $100.00 and sent it to them to install.

Their website has changed and it no longer shows that service.

It cost $185.00 to install the barrel. I did not have it threaded.

I was not really pleased with the quality of the work, but what was not done correctly did not show after I installed the Volkquartsen rail system.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Keep in mind that the "upper" on the Mk.II is considered the firearm by ATF so if you mail it, sell it, trade it, buy a replacement or have somebody work on it, you have to treat the upper by itself as a handgun.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 4:55:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not interested in that route. I'd spend an extra $40 and get another 22/45 light before I'd  do that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I go to a plate shoot once a week and there is only one guy that has a Ruger 22/45 light that is just a jam o matic everytime. He only uses it in practice and switches to a Ruger MKII when game time begins I have a Ruger MKII 5.5 BB that I sent out to JP Grips & Machine and had them shorten, thread, take warning off barrel, move front sight back and a thread protector all for 125 shipped back to me. Looks like the price went up. You can give him a call and see if he can do anything for you, Great Guy !!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 5:22:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I go to a plate shoot once a week and there is only one guy that has a Ruger 22/45 light that is just a jam o matic everytime. He only uses it in practice and switches to a Ruger MKII when game time begins I have a Ruger MKII 5.5 BB that I sent out to JP Grips & Machine and had them shorten, thread, take warning off barrel, move front sight back and a thread protector all for 125 shipped back to me. Looks like the price went up. You can give him a call and see if he can do anything for you, Great Guy !!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I emailed him last week but haven't heard anything yet. If nothing else maybe I can find a MkII bull, have it done and swap out the uppers. For a target pistol I really prefer the all steel and the MkII.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top