Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2015 1:27:52 AM EDT
Had a fastfire that needed a home. Nobody makes a mount but I was lucky enough to find a guy that had fabbed a couple. Whadya think?

I'll shoot it this weekend and see how it goes.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:46:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks nice. Look forward to a range report.

Be curious how it would pair with a CT IR laser for night work.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 1:33:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Only had a couple minutes to shoot it tonight at the range but it cycles cci standard and shoots great. I'll put more rounds down range tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 7:15:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Very nice; my wife has one of those and it cycles everything in standard and high velocity.

She hasn't tried any hyper velocity .22 like Aguila Super Maximum or Stingers and I wonder if the pistol could shoot them in quantity without any damage.

The optic and the can look great on that gun.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 8:18:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I would have thought the 22's wouldn't appreciate that extra weight. I really like that SR22.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 8:51:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like a little assassins gun.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 10:41:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I have about 4,000 rounds down the pipe of my SR22 suppressed. I have a friend who has a walther that I like to torture. I can take a LR, L, Short and stack them so the longest is on bottom and I can run them with no problem. The SR22 is my favorite 22 pistol that was designed to carry. The MK series rugers are right there with them. Twin Tech barrel was a great upgrade to the pistol. Shoots a little bit better than the factory one. If I can come across a few more magazines I am going to try the WINGMAN kit on them. Get the capacity up to 18 rounds per mag.

I always unscrew my baffle, that is why you see the never seize on the threads.

Glad to see some one is venturing into customizing theirs. I would be interested in a RDS mount for mine somewhere down the line.

Pics cus, well its arfcom.

Bev
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 11:18:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would have thought the 22's wouldn't appreciate that extra weight. I really like that SR22.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That was my concern also. Especially with the lower velocity stuff. I'm glad I was wrong.

Quoted:
I have about 4,000 rounds down the pipe of my SR22 suppressed. I have a friend who has a walther that I like to torture. I can take a LR, L, Short and stack them so the longest is on bottom and I can run them with no problem. The SR22 is my favorite 22 pistol that was designed to carry. The MK series rugers are right there with them. Twin Tech barrel was a great upgrade to the pistol. Shoots a little bit better than the factory one. If I can come across a few more magazines I am going to try the WINGMAN kit on them. Get the capacity up to 18 rounds per mag.

I always unscrew my baffle, that is why you see the never seize on the threads.

Glad to see some one is venturing into customizing theirs. I would be interested in a RDS mount for mine somewhere down the line.

Bev

It's pretty crazy how much better I like my sr22 over the walther p22 my pops has now.
I hadn't heard of the wingman kit but I'm fairly certain you're going to cost me money.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 11:19:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Pint sized assassin maybe. It's definitely quiet enough. Standard velocity stuff makes .22 cans so much more fun.

Quoted:
Very nice; my wife has one of those and it cycles everything in standard and high velocity.

She hasn't tried any hyper velocity .22 like Aguila Super Maximum or Stingers and I wonder if the pistol could shoot them in quantity without any damage.

The optic and the can look great on that gun.

My wife has one as well but doesn't shoot hers as much. I haven't found an ammo that it doesn't like yet. Which is nice because some of the old stuff is just all mixed together in ammo cans.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 1:20:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I am headed after work to pick up another sr22 due to this thread... can't pass it up for 250$.

May need an RDS mount sooner than later!
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 2:15:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I am headed after work to pick up another sr22 due to this thread... can't pass it up for 250$.

May need an RDS mount sooner than later!
View Quote

Good luck. They don't make em. This is a one-off fabricated mount based off a different dovetail. There is a company with one in the works but so far nothing. $250 is a crazy good deal. Shoot me an IM as I have a friend wanting one as well. I got mine with the threaded barrel for $305 and thought I scored.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 10:17:33 PM EDT
[#11]
That's some CIA Hushpuppy sweetness right there!  I'm pretty impressed with my SR22, but it's at the extreme limit of smallness for me.  Ate almost a whole carton of Thunderbolts before my boy just plain got tired of shooting.  Is that a dedicated .22 can?
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 11:52:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah it's a Sparrow .22. I just use it on my 10/22 and this one. The damn thing is quiet and fun as hell.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top