Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2015 10:31:56 AM EDT
I upgraded the sights, picatinny rail, and put some of the TK Plus1 Pro mag bumpers on mags for my 22/45 lite.  The fire sights and rail were gtg and got a five star review.  The mag bumpers had some issues (one came apart during use) and still got a three star review.  I received the notices that my reviews were approved for the two five star reviews this morning but nothing on the less glowing review.  Looking at their reviews it seems that either they only get all glowing reviews or that this is common practice.  If they post it later I'll add that to this post.

For those looking for sights the Fire Sights are awesome.  Way better than factory and better than some of the more expensive aftermarket sights I've installed on my centerfire pistols.  They are so good I've became doubtful that I will install a red dot on the pistol as was my original plan.

The smaller picatinny rail is well made, fits far nicer than the factory sight, is not a weaver rail like the factory gives out, and is also awesome.

When I inserted one of my mags with the new bumper ( I was shooting a snake at the time) the spring mechanism came apart and the springs bounced into the bushes never to be seen again.  YMMV  When I was inserting the mag the mechanism actually made a little indentation on the recessed plastic support piece that runs perpendicular to the mag well in the bottom of my pistol making me think that somehow the "pusher" was riding up too high and got stuck. It also doesn't push them enough to fall free with my pistol but I still have the factory mag safety installed and wouldn't really expect it too.  They do make it much easier to grab a mag and pull it out.

Since I bought two I took a spring out of my other one, reassembled them both, and they seem to have about the same effect.  Despite the malfunction I still think they are an OK product for the price.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 5:12:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Good review.  I cant find the firesights in stock anywhere right now.  

I did the kane/slingshot, mag bushing and LCI modifications and the sights and bumperpads are next on my list
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:10:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I've gotten 2 bushings so far that are either out of spec or my hammer pin is out of spec because I can't install it. They replaced the first one for free, waiting to hear about the second one.

Kinda bums me out on a company that has a good reputation otherwise.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top