Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2015 5:10:34 PM EDT
I own a SR22, like it, and want to get into the world of cans.  

Been reading host threads and it seems it does get recommended but not as much as some others, most notably the Ruger 22/45.  

I like simple and would like to not have multiple, different magazines and other stuff.  

Will a SR22 function well as a suppressed firearm?  If so I'd like to buy a second that is already threaded.  If it is a mistake then I'd prefer not to do so.

What are your experiences and opinions?

Thanks,
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 7:08:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Works great with a supressor.

The barrel is fixed.

I hate the adapter though.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 8:36:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The barrel is fixed.

View Quote

is an adapter needed if you buy one with a threaded barrel?
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 8:37:48 PM EDT
[#3]
you could always buy a Twin Tech barrel instead of a new gun.

My father in law has had issues shooting his suppressed with my Spectre II but from reading around we seem to have a very unique problem that nobody else has. While I'm disappointed in it, it doesn't seem like a problem that should deter anyone from owning one.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 9:01:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't mind having a 2nd, the cost differential between a barrel and full second, TB, isn't all that great.  

I do want simplicity.  I don't want a second set of magazines for a different [if better] suppressed .22, especially if they look very similar to what I already have.  I'd rather sell the SR22 [and all the spare mags to it] if it isn't a good host.  

First preference would be to learn it is a good host and just buy a TB model.  

Thanks,
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 9:30:17 AM EDT
[#5]
They make a great host. Mine has been %100 reliable with bulk pack.  That is with my aluminum can I can't remember if the stainless was too heavy for it or not.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 3:47:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine shoots great with my YHM Stinger. I shoot whatever cheap ammo I have.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 5:07:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I was thinking of getting a sparrow SS?

Also, read in a different thread that all bulk .22 ammo is subsonic if shot out of a barrel 6" or less in length.  Is that true?

eta:  or a spectre ii

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:53:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Been reading host threads and it seems it does get recommended but not as much as some others, most notably the Ruger 22/45.  

I like simple and would like to not have multiple, different magazines and other stuff.  

Will a SR22 function well as a suppressed firearm?  If so I'd like to buy a second that is already threaded.  If it is a mistake then I'd prefer not to do so.

Thanks,
View Quote

I bought the unthreaded sr22. Than I bought a warlock2 suppressor. Bought another sr22 with the threaded barrel. Than decided to buy a trin tactical threaded barrel.I like the sr22. Also have a 22/45 lite .I think both are good guns . But I also like the the colt walther's and the mp22 full size and compact.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:00:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I bought the unthreaded sr22. Than I bought a warlock2 suppressor. Bought another sr22 with the threaded barrel. Than decided to buy a trin tactical threaded barrel.I like the sr22. Also have a 22/45 lite .I think both are good guns . But I also like the the colt walther's and the mp22 full size and compact.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks,

Excellent feedback, thank you.

I believe I'll go forward and buy a threaded SR22.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:51:03 AM EDT
[#10]
I've got the sr22 and a sparrow. I love the sr22. Bought a threaded one for the wife as well. Fun guns.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:12:34 PM EDT
[#11]
is it true that all .22 will be subsonic if fired in a gun w/ a barrel shorter than 6"?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:16:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

is it true that all .22 will be subsonic if fired in a gun w/ a barrel shorter than 6"?
View Quote

More like 4".  A lot will go supersonic out of 6"

I just double checked my 22/45 barrels and they are 4.4"  They have kept my bulk pack quiet.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:25:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I just double checked my 22/45 barrels and they are 4.4"  They have kept my bulk pack quiet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Excellent!

An SR22 has a 3.5" barrel length.

That'll work for me

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 4:29:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The barrel is fixed.

Yes. From the factory, the adapter threads onto the end of the barrel so it will accept the can. IOW, the threads on the end of the barrel don't match the threads on the suppressor, so you need the adapter. You have to remove the adapter to field strip, which I don't like.

ETA:  Mine doe not like Federal Automatch.  CCI standards work well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top