Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2015 3:04:56 PM EDT
I picked this IJ TP-22 with three mags up today at may local pawn shop. $100.00 out the door. Heck one mag is worth half that.

It's a kinda-sorta PPK clone. IJ made them using Erma parts on a USA made frame in the 80s. Frame and slide are alloy. Weighs about 13 oz loaded. Heel mag release. Seven round mag.

I cleaned it up and took it down to my range and while not laser accurate it's minute of bunny at 15 yards, about what I expected what with the tiny sights. I used CCI MMHP and some 80s vintage Winchester Super X HVRN in all three mags and there were no issues at all.

I read where these little pistols are ammo sensitive so I put my best foot forward ammo wise.

I had a Tagua 4-in-1 holster for a Bersa .380 and it fit in it fine. I removed the belt clip and it made the perfect place for a extra mag. Nice little stash gun for your vehicle or some such.

Completed auctions on GunPorker have them going for $150-$200 depending on if they have two mags or not counting shipping/transfer of course.

Fun little pistol....Funny but IJ could make a "pot metal" diminutive .22 pistol that would work if you kept it clean and fed it right but SIG could not for three times the price.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:09:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Those are fun guns, a friend of mine shot his a lot.  One day we were shooting his IJ and he shot low hitting a steel target stand.  He caught the ricochet in the groin which dropped him to his knees.  Fortunately nothing was seriously hurt but his pride but he normally cupped his weak hand over his groin after this incident when shooting the TP-22.

Fortunately we had a few laughs about that incident and he learned his lesson about standing to close to steel when shooting.  Looks like you found a TP-22 in good shape for a good price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top