Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2015 3:53:26 PM EDT
I need a new picatinny rail for my 22/45. I currently have This Volquartsen however I find its too high, and also, my Fast fire its slightly canted when I mount it to the rail.. Its not significant, nor does it effect the function of the sight, but every time I look at it, it bothers me. Id like something that allows me to keep the rear sight in place, works with the factory mounting holes, and does not hang over the barrel like the factory mount. I suppose I could always cut that one down if I had to, but Id rather get and actual picatinny rail that offers more mounting positions..  Everything I find, the reviews seem to say "will not work with rear sight" or " wont work with MKIII factory drilled holes" or something else..
This is basically what I want, only for a MKIII Target Model ( NY says no to barrel threads, or I would have just bought the one I wanted )
[
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#1]
really? No one?
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 9:10:49 PM EDT
[#2]
The one in your pic is a StormWerks.  I have that that rail on my 22/45 lite and like it.  It works with factory holes and factory adjustable rear sight in place.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 11:16:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The one in your pic is a StormWerks.  I have that that rail on my 22/45 lite and like it.  It works with factory holes and factory adjustable rear sight in place.
View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 2:07:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll 2nd the StormWerkz rail.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 12:05:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is a solid mount. I like it much better then the Volquartsen mount I had.. Not to knock Volquartsen products, I just didnt like how tall the rail was. Now Im having trouble with a holster.. I thought I found a good cheap fix, but I looks like Im going to have to keep looking.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:06:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It is a solid mount. I like it much better then the Volquartsen mount I had.. Not to knock Volquartsen products, I just didnt like how tall the rail was. Now Im having trouble with a holster.. I thought I found a good cheap fix, but I looks like Im going to have to keep looking.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Find someone that makes custom kydex holsters in your area. Pay them to make one specific to your gun. Done.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:14:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I like this one...

http://www.tandemkross.com/Shadow-Picatinny-Rail-for-Ruger-Mark-Series-and-2245--BLACK_p_128.html
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:57:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Personally I'm looking into getting the TacSol base.  Replaces the rear sight, but has one built in just in case.  No real reason beyond that I like how it looks though.

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 6:33:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Personally I'm looking into getting the TacSol base.  Replaces the rear sight, but has one built in just in case.  No real reason beyond that I like how it looks though.

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/534d7de3e4b0703ad1ffd939/535982d5e4b0f7c14f4c13b4/538f506ce4b0ab50f9d18691/1401901165042/int-rail.jpg?format=500w
View Quote

This was my first choice, as I wanted to have Irons as a back up but I settle for the Volquartsen with the "see through" channel.. ( plus I didnt wanna spend the 80 bucks on that mount) but now after replacing the Volquartsen, with the stomwerks I really did not save my self any money now did I
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top