Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2015 2:46:45 PM EDT
My LGS has both of these in stock, and whichever one I go with will eventually wear a Silco Sparrow. Which one would you guys go with for reliability, accuracy, quality, sound suppression, etc.?
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 2:49:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I chose M&P. Larger magazine capacity, and standard method of operation (cocking). I doubt you could go wrong either way.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 5:06:18 PM EDT
[#2]
IMHO go Ruger 22/45Lite. Tons of aftermarket support and accessories. The M&P 22's shoot well but, IIRC they are now discontinued in favor of the M&P 22 Compact.

I went for a black 22/45Lite, added a ton of TandemKross and Volquartsen parts, and have visiting rights with my Sparrow until the stamp comes back. I've only shot about 50rnd with the suppressor but, have no regrets with the package.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 8:13:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My LGS has both of these in stock, and whichever one I go with will eventually wear a Silco Sparrow. Which one would you guys go with for reliability, accuracy, quality, sound suppression, etc.?
View Quote

I have both. The Ruger lite comes with a top rail so you can mount a red dot or scope if you want.You would also need to buy an adapter for the m&p . But the compact is also a good gun.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 9:55:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have both. The Ruger lite comes with a top rail so you can mount a red dot or scope if you want.You would also need to buy an adapter for the m&p . But the compact is also a good gun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get the Lite.  Freaking fantastic pistol.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:22:53 PM EDT
[#5]
critters and golf balls  - Ruger

paper and beer cans, Smith full size if you can find it

for girls/children, Smith comact
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:40:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Ruger
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 4:39:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Weird as it may be, I prefer the standard 22/45 non lite. The weight of them may be heavier but I prefer this over something that is light weight.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:59:42 PM EDT
[#8]
ruger is better for tinkering (and may actually require it).   Its also a larger gun and full of ruger-ness.

M&P compact eats anything, comes with decent adjustable sights, and is a nice version of a fullsize striker fired gun (although its got an internal hammer not a striker).  

Keep in mind there are 90x more rugers out there than M&P compacts so expect the majority of replies to be for the Ruger.   Popularity does not mean its better, just more established.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 10:52:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I have both. If I could only have one, it would be the Ruger.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 11:38:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
critters and golf balls  - Ruger

paper and beer cans, Smith full size if you can find it

for girls/children, Smith comact
View Quote

I sounded too hard on the Smith Compact.  I have one for my wife, but it is fun with a can and large targets / tactical shooting.  It eats EVERYTHING without issue, so its perfect for her since she cant fix her own jams.  THe compact does simulate a CCW quite well, but don't expect to shoot small groups with it.  Its too short and light.  Add a dot, some weight, and some trigger work and then I could see reasonable accuracy.

My Ruger 22/45 gen II just posted a 15/16" group (5 shots) and 1.25" at 50 YARDS with a PA red dot and CCI SV from a bag.  I was stoked that I could actually do that myself.  Open sights was about 3" - 4"  So I'm switching to red dots for the turtle/snake killer.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:39:05 AM EDT
[#11]
The accuracy of the MP22 compact improves dramatically with a can, at least with the element2 it does.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 11:14:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The accuracy of the MP22 compact improves dramatically with a can, at least with the element2 it does.
View Quote

Same here with my full sized M&P22 and Prodigy. Much better and consistent groupings with a suppressor attached. My Buckmark is about the same with and without the can attached.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 8:07:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Is one more quiet than the other? I'm waiting for my stamp and can't decide if I want to sell my m&p22c for a 22/45 or just stick with what I have.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 8:50:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Both are very nice pistols, would be hard for me to choose, between one or the other. Both are just as quite with a Sparrow.

Link Posted: 9/15/2015 11:18:42 AM EDT
[#15]
I recently was on the fence about both of these pistols... which one to choose.
Such a hard decision.
I chose the Ruger in the end and just ordered it yesterday but, only because of the many upgrades and mods that can be found to trick it out.
This is what I bought.

And plan to do something like this with it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top