Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2015 2:10:18 PM EDT
I've always wondered why Walther didn't make the P22 mags in a standard capacity version. The follower seems overly tall for no apparent reason.

I recently found these which are a drop in replacement follower hat allows three additional rounds in a standard length magazine.

Anyone tried these in a P22?
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 7:07:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 4:25:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Probably the same reason almost every .22LR semi-auto holds 10.  I have no idea why they all use 10 round mags but that's life.  Those 13 round mags are a great idea, I may get some for my P22 someday when I can afford some.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 5:45:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Those mags won't hold the slide open.
The "rim" on the rimfire cartridge is why straight magazines are usually limited to 10 rounds.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 8:59:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't tried those, however I did make my own follower. It too, brought mag capacity up to 13 rounds. Reliability was fine other than not locking the slide on empty, but a shorter follower makes the mag spring contort in scary ways.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top