Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2015 6:00:17 PM EDT
It ends just before the receiver does.  For two hours worth of work (I have way too much free time) I stripped my new Lite in advance for mods that are showing up next week.  I just couldn't bring myself to order a rail for $35 though.  I don't really have many power tools at the moment since I live in an apartment, so I knew this was going to be interesting from the get go.

Measured across the rail and marked it before taking a triangle needle file to it.  Cut to the depth of the file and made a large V so the rail would slope when finished.  20 minutes of slow and careful dremel work to zip through the rail the rest of the way and to take the corners off at a 45 degree angle.  Round the edges with a sanding drum before giving it a quick polish to smooth any extra edges.

It holds the PA red dot just fine, and should fit a lot nicer in any holster that will fit a red dot.

Link Posted: 2/16/2015 12:39:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Ehh to each his own.  A for effort however
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top