BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 1:18:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Reading the advice here, I put in a Volq sear and a TK bushing. But I can not get the LCI out to save my life. Any ideas? I have the Blue lite.
View Quote

I have a blue lite also and mine wouldnt come out. I ripped out the plastic and cut into the pin, letting me leverage it out with a knife.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 11:07:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
For those with fastfires on lites, what did you do about it not fitting flush on the rail? Just tighten it down real well canted one way or the other?
View Quote

So Im not the only one with this issue!!?? My FF is slightly canted, drive me nuts... Is there a fix?
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 4:58:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

So Im not the only one with this issue!!?? My FF is slightly canted, drive me nuts... Is there a fix?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For those with fastfires on lites, what did you do about it not fitting flush on the rail? Just tighten it down real well canted one way or the other?

Not an easy one that I know of. The problem is the rail on top of the lites is a weaver. the fastfire mount is for a picatinny. The weaver is shallower I believe, causing the bar to bottom out before the mount is flush on top. Aside from just tightening it down (which is a temporary band aid at best) we will need a true picatinny rail.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 1:49:59 PM EDT
[#4]
VQ sear in hand.
Bruce Patza LCI filler, TK hammer bushing and TK slingshot en route.

Should be a sweet shooter with the Spectre II on there.
Next step is a red dot and a bottom rail for a weapon light.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 1:56:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
VQ sear in hand.

View Quote

You are going to want a good set of locking forceps to put that sucker in.  Kind of a pain in the ass to position just right.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 2:05:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You are going to want a good set of locking forceps to put that sucker in.  Kind of a pain in the ass to position just right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
VQ sear in hand.

Screw that. I don't have the time nor the patience or tools. I'll be paying a local guy to put it all in. $30 and 3 days later.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 2:13:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Screw that. I don't have the time nor the patience or tools. I'll be paying a local guy to put it all in. $30 and 3 days later.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
VQ sear in hand.

It's not too horrible after you get it figured out.  Should be 20 minutes or less even with no experience.  It's just lining up the tiny spring and making sure it all is in the right position to lock up.  With any mechanical aptitude you can knock it out.  That said, $30 to have someone else do it is pretty tempting too lol
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 7:51:28 PM EDT
[#8]
My gunsmith recommended the Majestic arms speed strip kit.
Thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 1:11:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My gunsmith recommended the Majestic arms speed strip kit.
Thoughts?
View Quote

I've heard mixed reviews about it.  Some folks love the kit and others say the replacement hammer is iffy.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 8:50:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Not an easy one that I know of. The problem is the rail on top of the lites is a weaver. the fastfire mount is for a picatinny. The weaver is shallower I believe, causing the bar to bottom out before the mount is flush on top. Aside from just tightening it down (which is a temporary band aid at best) we will need a true picatinny rail.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have tried a volquartsen, and a storm works rail. Both rails have the same issue. It cants slightly to the right. Wondering now if its the fast fire it self, or the mounting bracket... Holds zero fine, everything works, its just ever so slightly canted... Drives me nuts..
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 12:12:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Dont forget about the Burris Dovetail Mount for these guys - I used the factory rail for a short while before I realized how much simpler it was to use.

Here's a pic of my old setup.

Here's the mount by itself.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top