Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2015 2:59:12 PM EDT
I really love my 2 tone kimber rim fire.
I feel the kimber has much much higher quality parts that colt/gsg/sig ect. (I have owned several)

Locks back on empty, match grade barrel with true lock up, traditional guide rod setup, adjustable sights from the factory, fullsize frame, interchangeable parts and kimber quality right off the back.

I got the 2-tone by buying two pistols (one silver, one black) and swapped slides.
I have red grips waiting for it.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:19:22 AM EDT
[#1]
There can be lots of debate about "kimber quality" but in the context of what you are mentioning it is definitely superior to the pot metal colt/gsg/ sig offerings.
Not sure what you are saying about lock up as all 22 conversions for the 1911 are straight blowback operation. I thought the kimber 22 had a long 1 PC guiderod which is certainly not traditional.
If that group is at fifty feet or longer range then bravo.
I have come close to buying a kimber rimfire simply because the weight of the alloy frame would make it a little easier for my wife to shoot than a steel frame gun with a conversion kit.
While I agree superior to the sig/gsg/colt guns, they are also nearly double the price so it had better be much better quality for over $700 versus 300 for the others
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:06:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought the 22 Kimber conversion for mine and have been very please with it. It is also my wife's favorite to shoot. No issues using mini-mags.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:29:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There can be lots of debate about "kimber quality" but in the context of what you are mentioning it is definitely superior to the pot metal colt/gsg/ sig offerings.
Not sure what you are saying about lock up as all 22 conversions for the 1911 are straight blowback operation. I thought the kimber 22 had a long 1 PC guiderod which is certainly not traditional.
If that group is at fifty feet or longer range then bravo.
I have come close to buying a kimber rimfire simply because the weight of the alloy frame would make it a little easier for my wife to shoot than a steel frame gun with a conversion kit.
While I agree superior to the sig/gsg/colt guns, they are also nearly double the price so it had better be much better quality for over $700 versus 300 for the others
View Quote

With the GSG/SIG the front bushing, even though the barrel is pined, the front bushing alignment with respect to the bore axis and the sites are differ while shooting. Like this picture.
GSG barrel bushing gap. Not the end of the world.

Also 1911 dawson sights for the GSG require a lot more rework to the slide to be able to fit them.

As far as price.. I paid $499 I think + a $100 giftcard per weapon. Since I bought 2, that's $200 off and I sold the other one for $499 (what I paid for it). Making the my 2-tone pistol $300.
I also used my first gift card for the purchase of the second weapon from PSA.

Here is a similar good deal to a Kimber Rimfire pistol for $519 + $200 giftcard from PSA . Once or twice a year they tend to clean them out. Typically during the holidays.
My PSA giftcards worked perfectly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top