Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2014 11:55:55 AM EDT
Why doesn't Kel-Tec make a PMR-30 in 22LR?  I really like this gun, but have no desire to stock another caliber.  There's nothing out there that's similar.  Add a threaded barrel and a Sparrow and it would be perfect.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:06:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:54:32 AM EDT
[#2]
The FDE looks really good. I would really like to have one of these, but at the prices they are selling for and the questionable reliability, I'll pass.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:00:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Not sure about "questionable reliability," other than my reliability to find ammo.  I stay away from winchester ammo and mine has never hiccuped on cci.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:07:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I've seen a video of Kel-Tec reps at shot show saying a .22lr conversion kit would shortly follow the release of the PMR-30, obviously hasn't happened yet, but maybe there is hope. 30 rounds of 22lr in a pistol would have me very excited! I love my PMR as is, but 22 mag is harder to get than 22lr here (and 22lr is hard) and so much more expensive.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:09:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Because the stacking angle of the shorter .22LR is too extreme.  You can stack more rounds of the longer .22 mag without it curving.  The magazines would have to curve like the Ruger/Butler Creek/Ram-Line type 25 round ones.

Granted, the PMR30 uses two stacks of 15, then combines them for alternating feed at the top, but even two stacks of 15 .22LR would curve too much to keep it within the grip.

So for .22LR, they'd have to do two stacks of 10 for a total capacity of 20, and even that might not feed reliably.
View Quote
I get what your are talking about but there are 5 round mag extensions for the Ruger SR22 to take it to 15 in a straight magazine so maybe it could work?

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:15:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The FDE looks really good. I would really like to have one of these, but at the prices they are selling for and the questionable reliability, I'll pass.
View Quote
I wouldn't call reliability questionable, at least with a gen 2 I've never had a failure with jacketed ammo, had a couple lead winchester HP's hang up but the jacketeted ones don't. I take mine with me around the farm almost daily, so light you forget you have it!

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:42:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top