Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2014 4:10:25 PM EDT
Any ideas for this model?   The rail eliminates some pretty good options!  Thanks!  Pics please
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 10:44:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 3:57:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Blackdog makes one that works with suppressors too...

https://www.tandemkross.com/BlackDog-Ruger-MK-Series-Red-Dot-Scoped-Holster_p_87.html
View Quote

don't think it works with a rail
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 4:01:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Nope.  

There are not many options.  Want one for suppressed, light, and RDS but have not found anything that works.  It sucks.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 2:14:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.tandemkross.com/BlackDog-Ruger-MK-Series-Red-Dot-Scoped-Holster_p_87.html

Well your "thinker" is broken then ... The entire top is open for the rail/optics and the bottom side of the barrel is also made to accept a barrel with bottom rail attached (although it won't accommodate anything that is attached to the bottom rail). Of course, I just got the holster and I don't have the rail attached to mine so I can't say for certain. I'll confirm tonight...

BTW, it won't accommodate my suppressor, which sucks...
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 2:43:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Well your "thinker" is broken then ... The entire top is open for the rail/optics and the bottom side of the barrel is also made to accept a barrel with bottom rail attached (although it won't accommodate anything that is attached to the bottom rail). Of course, I just got the holster and I don't have the rail attached to mine so I can't say for certain. I'll confirm tonight...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So it works with a rail but the point of a rail is to attach accessories, mainly a light.
What suppressor do you have?
I want one if it will fit a Spectre II
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 6:45:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So it works with a rail but the point of a rail is to attach accessories, mainly a light.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is only the bottom rail that won't work with something attached. It's nearly impossible to make a holster that accommodates a top rail AND bottom rail WITH attachments on both because leaving that space open in the holster leaves practically NOTHING to retain the weapon. The only type of holster I would think that would work for that is something that is completely open on the front side of the holster and under the trigger guard area. The only practical way I can see making that would be a "cup" shape at the bottom where you place the muzzle and then tilt the gun back into place where a retention clip grabs the trigger guard. Then you have the issue of needing a different holster for different barrel lengths and no longer suppressor compatible. Guess you can't have your cake and eat it too...

The top rail DOES accept attachments on the rail, and from what I just did to check it out (installed my rail and added some various things to it), there is A LOT of real-estate open on the top side for optics etc.

I have a Huntertown Arms Kestrel .22, it's OD is 1.080", the max diameter that the holster will take (without modification) is 1". With a little modification (removing a few "retention ribs") the holster could be made to hold a up to 1.105" according to my measurements. I intend to open up my holster to accommodate the suppressor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top