Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2014 7:24:10 PM EDT
Went to chamber a round in my 1911 22  and it went off.  I knew damn well I had not had my finger on the trigger so I tried to duplicate it and couldn't.  When I examined the hull I found not a mark on it. Underscores why you always make sure the weapon is pointed in a safe direction.  Anybody else ever have a 22 spontaneously detonate on loading?  this was Federal HP
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 7:40:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Went to chamber a round in my 1911 22  and it went off.  I knew damn well I had not had my finger on the trigger so I tried to duplicate it and couldn't.  When I examined the hull I found not a mark on it. Underscores why you always make sure the weapon is pointed in a safe direction.  Anybody else ever have a 22 spontaneously detonate on loading?  this was Federal HP
View Quote

I had a Colt .22 lr conversion for my Colt 1911 back in the late 1970s.  The first time I took it too the range and chambered a round, it went full auto until the magazine was empty. There was not a single firing pin indentation on any of the cases after three magazine of the same malfunction. Apparently the wrong spring was in the box. I had bought it used. I "tuned" the spring until it would reliably NOT slam fire when the slide went into battery... and promptly traded it off!
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 11:18:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top