Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2014 10:24:55 AM EDT
I found this 1974 4.5" barreled Ruger Standard/MK I Model at the flea market this morning. I've got $150.00 in it.

It came with a extra mag. It's still in pretty good shape. No rust, a tiny bit of blue wear at the muzzle and that's about it.

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 12:10:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice score! I have one nearly identical and it's a sweet shooter. Once again, you walked away with a great deal on a classic old shooter!
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 12:12:59 PM EDT
[#2]
That is the exact same model of the first Ruger I ever shot. Started a lifetime of Ruger goodness for me. GREAT DEAL FOR $150.00 imho.Wish I could find a deal like that.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:24:56 PM EDT
[#3]
What a great buy, especially for $150.  No mag safety, no trigger lock and no lawyer banner stamping.  Wish those days would return.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:59:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Really nice find.

I found a MKII at a local shop that is usually pretty high on price for $169. Great memories of shooting one like it when I was younger. Also lots of fun busting fist size clods on the 50yd berm. Enjoy it.

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:49:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What a great buy, especially for $150.  No mag safety, no trigger lock and no lawyer banner stamping.  Wish those days would return.
View Quote

One thing I forgot about on the Standard was that when the safety is on (S) the bolt is locked into place.

I'm used to my MKIIs being able to be loaded with the safety in the on (S) position.

LOL....I had to ask on Rimfire Central if that was the case (the bolt lock safety is standard for that model) because it's been 40 years since I messed with a Standard.

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 11:52:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I have got a 1957 Standard that my mom gave my grandfather years ago. She paid about $40 for it if she remembers right. It was kept in a leather holster under the seat of his truck for a long time, so you can only imagine what it looked like. It would not function and had a broken spring inside when I got it, so it took a trip to Ruger and came back good as new. I look forward to passing it down to my son when he is old enough. Fun little plinker for sure.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 12:18:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have got a 1957 Standard that my mom gave my grandfather years ago. She paid about $40 for it if she remembers right. It was kept in a leather holster under the seat of his truck for a long time, so you can only imagine what it looked like. It would not function and had a broken spring inside when I got it, so it took a trip to Ruger and came back good as new. I look forward to passing it down to my son when he is old enough. Fun little plinker for sure.

<a href="http://s140.photobucket.com/user/onesureshot/media/KRugerStandard_zps7f3ee9c1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r3/onesureshot/KRugerStandard_zps7f3ee9c1.jpg</a>
View Quote

If you don't mind me asking what was the total cost for the re-blue counting shipping?

I've a MK II with a 5.5" target barrel I would not mind having redone.

Did Ruger mark it in anyway as a re-blue?
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:01:22 PM EDT
[#8]
There are no markings that were not on it when I sent it in, at least than I can see. I do not recall the cost however as it was about 15-20 years ago that I sent it in. I want to say it was around $50, but don't hold me to that, especially with as much time that has passed since then.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 8:59:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
There are no markings that were not on it when I sent it in, at least than I can see. I do not recall the cost however as it was about 15-20 years ago that I sent it in. I want to say it was around $50, but don't hold me to that, especially with as much time that has passed since then.
View Quote

Don't remember for sure. Seems like it's about $130 now.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 9:26:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Made me look it up. $110 not counting shipping there.

http://www.ruger.com/service/serviceFees.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top