Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2014 10:31:05 PM EDT
Bought this from the EE and tried to put it on two of my rugers but it wouldn't fit.

I checked it out and noticed the barrel said Mark III. Does his mean I can't use it on my IIs? I have a 22/45 that I could try it on.
Do these need to be fitted? Once fitted, can it use the original upper without issue?

Should I buy a new/different receiver?

I am way out of my element here folks.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 10:41:36 PM EDT
[#1]
this seems to say it should snap on to both an MK and a 22/45

it also says it requires an FFL to transfer.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:07:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I already have it, and it was ffl'd.
I also checked that site but I can't get beyond the picture page.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:17:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Call 'em up Monday and ask what's going on. I have a couple TacSol barrels and they're great, so surprised to read you're having problems.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:18:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I have to say I didn't measure to check for fitment. I may get a chance next week for that.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:24:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, this barrel says mkIII on it. I'm afraid that's the rub.

I know a guy that sells lowers but he's ffl and tax and shipping. Although I'm not sure if he's required to ffl it.
Maybe I'll just buy something locally(threaded 22 since I have the can now).

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:34:28 AM EDT
[#6]
The upper is the FFL part. the lower isn't. If you can find a MKIII lower somewhere, there you go.

here's a nice one

cheaper here
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 9:50:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Eating crow here.

I do not have a tac-sol barrel; I have a ruger mkIII take off barrel, shipped in a tac solutions box.

I apologize for wasting everyone's time.
Now on to another forum to have more crow!
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 9:57:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Eating crow here.

I do not have a tac-sol barrel; I have a ruger mkIII take off barrel, shipped in a tac solutions box.

I apologize for wasting everyone's time.
Now on to another forum to have more crow!
View Quote

don't worry about it - making mistakes is a part of learning.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 3:46:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes. The expensive part!

ANy ideas on a good use(hopefully get some cash)for the barrel I have? I will need to get a tacsol barrel to use my can.

Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top