Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2014 10:35:37 AM EDT
Howdy,

Anyone have a Browning 1911 22?  Reasonably good functioning?  Accuracy expectations?

Are there any holsters available for it?  

I thought it would make a fun field gun for screwing around.  I shoot grouse for the pot when I am deer hunting, so I like to have a rimfire with me.  I have a lot of different rimfires, but I also like variety.  

What say you?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:42:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I have two, they are made from machined aluminum so they are pretty well built. The plastic guide rod seems to be its weak spot. At 80% size you either love it or hate it. Mine have been 100% reliable with all ammo. I have a full size(of this model) and commander model. They are reasonably accurate, but as you can imagine, the sights are pretty small. I think there are different options available now. Most people that dislike them complain mostly about the size and price. If you want something you can customize, these will not be for you.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:51:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have two, they are made from machined aluminum so they are pretty well built. The plastic guide rod seems to be its weak spot. At 80% size you either love it or hate it. Mine have been 100% reliable with all ammo. I have a full size(of this model) and commander model. They are reasonably accurate, but as you can imagine, the sights are pretty small. I think there are different options available now. Most people that dislike them complain mostly about the size and price. If you want something you can customize, these will not be for you.
View Quote

A rimfire that works is a big bonus.  I have had some small .22lr pistols that I was surprised when they cycled.

The sights are a concern, but at least the rear is dovetailed in.  I would guess it can be at least altered with a file.

They sure don't give these things away cost wise.  The one I am looking at is used with two magazines (full size, rosewood grips).  

Do you think you could hit an empty shotgun shell (12 gauge) with the pistol from 10 yards?  That is my accuracy "standard" I need for shooting grouse.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:53:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

A rimfire that works is a big bonus.  I have had some small .22lr pistols that I was surprised when they cycled.

The sights are a concern, but at least the rear is dovetailed in.  I would guess it can be at least altered with a file.

They sure don't give these things away cost wise.  The one I am looking at is used with two magazines (full size, rosewood grips).  

Do you think you could hit an empty shotgun shell (12 gauge) with the pistol from 10 yards?  That is my accuracy "standard" I need for shooting grouse.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me? probably not on the first shot. It could be done, but I would consider another .22 if it were to be used for hunting.

They do make one with a little better sights and tricked out a bit for roughly the same price.
here is one at Buds for reference.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_145/products_id/716007777/1911-22+Compact+Black+Label+Laminate

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 1:54:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Keep an eye on Palmetto State Armory for specials.  Last week they had the GSG (same as the Sig) for $169 after rebate.  You have to upgrade the the barrel bushing and guide rod, but, it's a solid gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top