Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2014 7:28:07 PM EDT
I have a new to me (1989) mfr buckmark that I'm having issues with. Cleaned, and lubed per factory recommendations. It will fire, eject spent case and load a fresh round, but won't cock the hammer. I have tried about 10 different types of ammo, high velocity, standard, etc. I replaced the recoil spring, and buffer also. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:33:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you have something in the sear or hammer that is either broken or gone weak. I'd call Browning and ask about their warranty.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 12:24:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I've had same thing happen to my buckmark.  Turned out to be a build up of carbon.  Started to take the slide off for a complete cleaning and a chunk of black plastic fell out.  After puzzling over it for a while it dawned on me that it was not a chunk of plastic, but carbon.  Don't know where that first piece came from, but I popped out another good sized piece from the firing pin channel.  Cleaned it up, put it back together, and it ran like new.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top