Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2014 11:48:09 AM EDT
found a archived topic on this, Exact same problem but his front sight wasnt centered
brand new M&P22 first range trip shooting left by 5 inches and high by 3 inches
sights are easy to adjust but I notice the front sight appears to be well centered
however the front sight appears to be twisted
kinda like somebody took a punch and smacked the top of the sight on the edge twisting it
when you look down the sights you can actually see the front sight blade twisted

put it in a vise and bring it back square?
or replace the sights?

Update:
Finally got to the range after centering up the front sight
After adjusting front and rear sight far more than a factory set off sights should move I am centered but high still
And out of adjustment to bring it down
My final move is to mill out the channel the rear sight blade rides in.  It shouldn't take much and I have nothing to lose lol.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 10:51:26 AM EDT
[#1]
If you can't get it fixed I'm pretty sure I have one laying around you can have.
Let me know and I can send it to you next week after I'm back from vacation.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 11:03:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I hear good things about the Dawson sights for the M&P .22
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 12:41:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you can't get it fixed I'm pretty sure I have one laying around you can have.
View Quote

wow, very kind of you
going to check it out tonight

I dont know why but i thought the M&P22 used different sights than the other M&Ps
put a set of Trijicons on my M&P9
I was wrong other than the 22 has adjustable factory sights
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 12:54:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

wow, very kind of you

I dont know why but i thought the M&P22 used different sights than the other M&Ps
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

wow, very kind of you

I have a spare M&P22 front sight.

I put Trijicons on mine.
They are a little different from the full size and require some fitting.
The rear slips in just fine but the front dovetail is deeper on the M&P22.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 9:15:51 PM EDT
[#5]
My front sight was visibly off center from factory. Blade also looked like a parallelogram. I have centered it, but have not shot it since.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 2:11:17 AM EDT
[#6]
My front sight also needed to be centered from factory. It also tends to shoot a tad high even with the rear sight all the way down.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 10:55:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My front sight also needed to be centered from factory. It also tends to shoot a tad high even with the rear sight all the way down.
View Quote

I dont think the rear sight has enough adjustment to get where I need it
about 7" high
but havent been able to get out to the range with all this rain
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 9:40:14 AM EDT
[#8]
My M&P 22 shoots high as well <= 15 yards.  I was concerned at first but I have adjusted.  It is a shame that they aren't adjusted better but... I am glad it isn't the opposite where it is shooting low.  That is a deal breaker for me.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 5:14:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Update:
After adjusting front and rear sight far more than a factory set off sights should move I am centered but high still
My final move is to mill out the channel the rear sight blade rides in so it can adjust up a hair higher   It shouldn't take much and I have nothing to lose lol.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 8:44:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Update:
My final move is to mill out the channel the rear sight blade rides in so it can adjust up a hair higher   It shouldn't take much and I have nothing to lose lol.
View Quote

It shoots high, right?  I think you want to LOWER the rear sight blade.  FYI, mine shot high as well, I kept turning the rear adjusting screw down and eventually stripped the threads in the housing that the screw goes into.  It wasn't until after that, that I closely examined the rear sight construction and discovered how cheesy it is...the adjustable blade is spring-loaded and the screw has little notches in the underside of the head designed to hold it in place on a little tiny pin projection on the blade.

Anyway, I did some temporary mod to get the blade down further and shaved a bit off the tops of the sight ears as well.  It's much closer now, but there's hardly any of the front post to see through the rear groove.  I called S&W CS and they're sending me a whole new rear sight assembly at no charge, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.  But, I'm still going to get an after-market.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:41:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It shoots high, right?  I think you want to LOWER the rear sight blade.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Update:

It shoots high, right?  I think you want to LOWER the rear sight blade.

I got to thinking about it late last night and it hit me
I adjusted it down as well didnt get enough result and "thought" I was doing it wrong so I adjusted it back up
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 1:57:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Dawson Precision actually makes a dedicated M&P 22 front sight.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 12:57:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Dawson Precision actually makes a dedicated M&P 22 front sight.
View Quote

My m&p22 sights were way off too, when I first shot it.  Swapped front sight with a Dawson and its an awesome little shooter now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top