Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2014 6:44:42 PM EDT
A local gunsmith took a new TacSol threaded upper/brake in trade for work and I bought it off of him for $200.00 and installed it on my MKII replacing the 4.75" standard upper.

It had the scope mount/rear sight unit on it but I removed it and opted for regular adj. rear sight I ordered from TacSol.

The break is pretty useless except as a thread protector/holster filler. MKII/TacSol worked fine with my Tac-65 can. Shoots great with no issues.

The holster is a blemished Classic Old West holster I got for cheap off eBay. I did a alcohol soak on it then wrapped the MKII in plastic and form fitted it till the holster dried. Very nice fit.

I then put several coats of neatsfoot oil on it to darken it up some. I also added a second snap on the mag pouch as I had concerns at how well one snap would secure the mag out in the field.

Link Posted: 7/2/2014 9:04:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a PAC lite upper. I originally wanted to put it on my mkII, but then I just decided to have two guns.

I built up a lower from parts. I bought a new 22/45 grip frame and all the internals individually.

The thing weighs nothing. My sparrow makes it balance weird, but I like it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:40:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the same set up, PAC lite and Tac 65. I just need a good holster and I'm good to go.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:50:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a PacLite upper I've never been able to fit on my MK II.  I'm too scared to take a file to it!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:02:32 PM EDT
[#4]
OP that's a nice rig... I bought a NIB MK II back in 1986 it still looks new... The little Rugers are tough
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 10:57:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a PacLite upper I've never been able to fit on my MK II.  I'm too scared to take a file to it!
View Quote

I'm in the same boat!
I looked it over and mine says there mark III. Does that mean it won't fit on a mkIII frame?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 10:26:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Mine fit on both my mark 2 frames and a mark3 22/45 frame
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:03:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Just adding that at least it got on my 22/45 but the bolt wouldn't seat completely
Oh well, going to son's place with two of the three toys.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 9:57:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Cleaning up my mess.
Apologies for not reading my barrel says RUGER, right near Mark III.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top