Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2014 8:59:45 AM EDT
For about the last 10 years, I have been wanting to purchase a Sig Trailside 6" Plinker model. In my area, I have only seen one other for sale, but it was a 4" model. That was 7-8 years ago.

I went into my LGS yesterday, and in the case was a like new 6" Trailside, with the box and every single accessory still there, along with all paperwork. Price was $550. I didn't hesitate after inspecting it. Bought it about 5 minutes after seeing it :D These have become exceedingly hard to find, and the price keeps going up on them.

The trigger on this particular example is really good. Very little take up and a crisp break. The test target supplied in the box was really good too. It is 5 shots at 25 meters. It is pictured below.

I will be taking it out this weekend to shoot it for the first time. I have 100 rounds of Winchester Match 40gr for it. I can't wait to see what it can do.

I edited out the serial number on the gun pics and the test target. That's why they look a little weird.

Link Posted: 5/7/2014 9:02:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Neat!
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 8:32:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Hi,
 Just picked up a Trailslide at a local pawn shop.   It's a target model (6" barrel) with the blue target grips and the neat little rear sight.  Seemed to have all the accessories, do you happen to know if they  came with three magazines originally?

John
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 8:40:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I would guess no.  My Trailside came with 2 mags.

You can get extra mags and parts from Larry's Guns in Portland, ME.

The magazines are plastic and can be hit or miss.

If you find your sights are not regulated to your chosen load you can get an LPA brand rear sight that will fit in the dovetail in the rear.  The rear of the sight will overhang the rear of the slide but that just gives you a bit of free sight radius.

Trailsides and the Xesse(sp?) are sleepers.  They really are a "cheap" Hammerli.

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 9:32:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I've owned two. Bought one, sold it in a year or two. Wanted another, found one and picked it up. Sold it within a year or so. I just saw one in a shop yesterday for $350 and I was tempted.

The first one I bought was new; it came with one mag IIRC.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 10:22:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Sweet!
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 11:29:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I like that
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 9:54:56 AM EDT
[#7]
My dad has a 4". Damn fine guns.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 9:56:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice find.

It's sad how cheaply made most .22s are in the US market.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 7:33:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice score
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top