Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2014 4:55:51 PM EDT
I picked-up this 1993 Ruger MK II "Standard" w/three mags today for $150.00. Other than the back strap going a bit brown it's in nice shape.

I've been looking for a Standard (of any mark) for a while but used ones are thin on the ground and I could not fight the $300.00 + price tag most sellers want for one.

I had a 60s vintage Standard of the same barrel length when I was a kid but I ended-up trading it for a K98 Mauser.

The one thing I'm finding a bit odd is the box. I don't think it's the original box as it has a mold date of 6-02 molded into the plastic. I don't think it would have been made in '93 and sat around on the factory shelves till '02.

Link Posted: 4/5/2014 5:12:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Very cool, good price..something to keep in mind with the tapered barrels *check your manual* but they are set up to "Lollipop" shoot, not "sights-on-target" , I know many people learned this the hardway, lol.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 5:15:40 PM EDT
[#2]
nice grab
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 5:24:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Very cool, good price..something to keep in mind with the tapered barrels *check your manual* but they are set up to "Lollipop" shoot, not "sights-on-target" , I know many people learned this the hardway, lol.
View Quote

LOL...At the crazy distances I would shoot at stuff as a kid with the old Standard I had to use a lollipop hold to see what I was shooting at.

BTW....Never mind about the box, it was 6/92, the 9 sorta looked like a 0...Damned old eyes.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:54:38 PM EDT
[#4]
nice pick up, I have the exact same model, only thing I wish it had was a threaded barrel
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:27:26 PM EDT
[#5]
1srelluc is my Rimfire idol

He gets all the best deals

He knows all the cool history

And most importantly, he shares it here.

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:54:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

LOL...At the crazy distances I would shoot at stuff as a kid with the old Standard I had to use a lollipop hold to see what I was shooting at.

BTW....Never mind about the box, it was 6/92, the 9 sorta looked like a 0...Damned old eyes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you must have dropped your rabbits foot for at least one day,

I found this, and a 41 smith, in a private sale a couple of weeks ago,

51ish vintage, and yep, someone put 3 dot adjustable sights on it sometime in the past,

but for $180, I could not pass it up

and that 41, late 60's vintage, with both a 5" and a 7.5" barrel,,,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top