Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2014 4:50:37 PM EDT
So I have owned my MKIII for several years but I dont shoot it much. I am thinking about getting a M&P 22 but have also considered the 22/45. My MkII is the 5.5 bull barrel version. I want something lighter but still fairly accurate as I plan on shooting 30+ yards on steel with it. Would I be better off just investing $ into the MKII?
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 10:31:10 PM EDT
[#1]

Get a Pac Lite upper. I have one and it feels as if it weighs half as much compared to the 5.5" bull barrel.
That way too you won't need to buy different mags and get used to a different pistol.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 9:56:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I own and love my MkII, and bought a M&P22 that I finally got to shoot this weekend, aside from the crap Remington ammo I was using, it worked great, especially rapid firing, fast as I could pull the trigger, and it was right back on target.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 8:16:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Well the MKII is gone and I am now on the hunt for something else. 22/45 lite, M&P22, or something different all together not sure just yet but one gun gone so I need to replace.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 8:18:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well the MKII is gone and I am now on the hunt for something else. 22/45 lite, M&P22, or something different all together not sure just yet but one gun gone so I need to replace.
View Quote
huge mistake . Should have kept the MKII

Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:22:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I had a MkII but never really liked the grip. Traded it in on a Buckmark.
Also have a M%P22, so far a great pistol. It has shot every brand of ammo I had. And the grip fits my hand.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 1:03:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get what your saying but I haven't shot it in awhile and its to heavy to carry (camping).
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 2:56:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Volquartsen makes an aluminum frame and different uppers.
I have wondered what a VQ frame and Paclite upper would feel like.
I have a standard steel MkII frame with a fluted Paclite upper on it. It feels like it only weighs half as much as the 5.5" bull barrel. It is definitely made to carry.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 4:14:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Get the Lite. It is awesome.

If you have money burning a hole in your pocket and you have to have the best of everything, get one of these:

and put one of these on top of it:

Link Posted: 4/5/2014 12:19:36 AM EDT
[#9]
22/45 lite

The design is solid and proven

Link Posted: 4/5/2014 10:47:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Still undecided, found a 4.5 XDM 9mm I am thinking about buying instead. Already own a G19 though
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top