Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2014 5:10:32 PM EDT
...and it seems like a really well made little 1911 clone.  

Only shot about 20 rounds through it, but all went well.  Shoots a little low, but it's nice that they include 2 extra front sights to change point of impact.  I'll change it out tomorrow when I put some more rounds through it.

Disassembly is pretty straight forward, but a little more involved than a regular 1911.  Lubed the rails a bit before shooting it.

Now I guess I gotta trick it out some...I have a couple of mainspring housing/magwells that I assume will fit right on.  Probably do a little trigger work while I'm at it.

And, of course, I've gotta get a few extra mags.

So far, so good...and I got it at a LGS for $299, so the price was pretty good, as well.  

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:41:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out www.gsgpro.com
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:59:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine had issues, which resulted in it going back to ATI twice.  However, it's ran flawlessly ever since.  My only grip, which is minor, is how easily the finish comes off.  

But yeah, I do like mine quite a bit.

And how could you post about a new gun and not post pics?  This is expected man!!!  

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 9:46:04 PM EDT
[#3]
No pics right now...it looks like all the other stock ones anyway.

But after I do a few mods (grips, mainspring housing/magwell), I'll get some pics up.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 3:06:35 AM EDT
[#4]
you got it for a great price. I wouldn't mind owning one.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 9:04:25 AM EDT
[#5]
There is not telling how many thousands of rounds have been through mine. I have one of the first release models and I did have the monkey metal bushing break. ATI replaced it and sent the updated (at the time) slide stop and magazine followers, free of charge.

Its fairly accurate for what it is and loves the 550 bulk packs of federal.

The thumb safety is crap, esp the ambi side (which I don't use) i am surprised it hasn't broken yet. The finish is a little weak on mine, but not a big deal.

This weekend I did have a significant jam, where the guide rod got stuck into the plug. I'm hoping it is just a recoil spring issue, again, it's been shot alot and cleaned very little. Have some springs coming in from CW accessories.

She is a fun gun. I have the "3" sight installed and it shoots about right at 15-20yds.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 5:14:09 PM EDT
[#6]
CWA is another good GSG1911 aftermarket supplier.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 3:00:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I realize this is an old thread, but after reading this thread...

I took a chance on a GSG 1911 since PSA had them for $200 plus $30 rebate.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 10:30:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I really miss mine, it was a solid shooter and a lot of fun to mod as well. I sold it to get the Ruger 22/45 Lite about a year and a half ago when the first Black kodel came out. I may have to pick up another n the future.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 12:13:54 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm pretty happy with mine.  Silencerco Sparrow fits right on with the threaded adapter, works great, much fun.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 6:09:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I changed the front site as well.  It was great that they include an allen wrench to make it easy.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:48:10 PM EDT
[#11]
PSA had the GSG 1911 22LR for $229 for a few months, plus ATI had a $30 manufacturer mail in rebate.  Excellent pistol, esp @$199.

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Crap finish (it wears off easily), but I like mine.  It has been reliable and accurate and is a fun gun that I seem to always take with me to the range..
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:20:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought a used GSG 1911 earlier this year & added a CWA accurizing & two magazine extension kits. I immediately began to experience FTF & FTE so I sent Chet the complete slide & he polished everything up for n/c. He even threw in some various power springs for free and that's great customer service! It'll eat anything now but does shoot low at 50' which I think is just a peculiarity of this gun. I removed the mag & grip safeties & will be converting it to the 70 series safety system. With a set of rubber wrap around Hogue grips it fits my big hands easily.

I also bought a brand new GSG 922 (Commander size) for $257 from Cheaper Than Dirt about two weeks ago. I didn't even clean it first but it gobbled up whatever brand of ammo I could stuff in a magazine so that was encouraging. It doesn't use the barrel nut & spring plunger like the 1911 so I'm not sure what kind of accuracy improvements I can add. I'm removing the magazine & grip safeties and will install a flat mainspring housing and convert it to the 70 series safety system as soon as the parts arrive later this week. I've installed the same style Hogue grips as the 1911 and again, everything fits my hand perfectly. I bought three new magazines and now have a total of six but be prepared to spend approx. $30.00 each for new mags. Now that I have six of them I doubt if I'll install the higher capacity kits.  For the money these guns are cheap, reliable and fun to shoot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top