Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2014 3:44:49 AM EDT
I am looking to put a full upgrades on my buckmark. I have a 5.5" buckmark with a Burris Fastfire 3. It has a bull barrel, but i'm considering adding an aftermarket barrel for increased accuracy.

What is the most accurate barrel avaliable for this weapon? Threaded would be a huge bonus
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

It has a bull barrel, but i'm considering adding an aftermarket barrel for increased accuracy.
View Quote

An aftermarket bbl will be no more accurate than yours unless you go with someone like Clark Custom. Their bbl may well cost more than your gun did, IMO.

A threaded option is someone like Tactical Solutions. Affordable & acceptably accurate, they're often chosen in order to be a suppressor host.

What *I* would do is buy a Browning Whisper, a threaded Buckmark model. Wonderfully accurate & a perfect suppressor host. Here's what one looks like:  
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 9:45:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Do the Heggis trigger spring flip.  Easy and makes a world of difference.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 11:02:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do the Heggis trigger spring flip.  Easy and makes a world of difference.
View Quote

That is a must do for any Buckmark. Best thing you'll ever do to it for free. Frankly, it is probably the best thing most will do period.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 11:23:13 AM EDT
[#4]
The Heggis Flip is about all you really need to do to get the trigger pull lighter. If you have a bull barrel you really don't need to do anything else to a Buckmark. They're great shooters!
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 12:36:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you looking for speed or accuracy? That Red Dot sight will hinder your quest for MOA or sub MOA accuracy, they aren't meant for bullseye shooting.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 8:12:17 PM EDT
[#6]
This is my Buckmark with a Bushnell TRS-25.

Last weekend, I put 4/10 shots into a Coke can sitting on the 100 yard berm, just using that window sill plate as a rest.  No bags, or anything else.

The only reason I'd go with an aftermarket barrel is to lighten it up, especially when leveraging a suppressor off the end.  Also, it might be a little slower to acquire the dot on the TRS-25 vs the Fastfire; the Fastfire is almost 2 oz lighter, though.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 10:22:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought a new Whisper Camper last summer and absolutely love the gun.  Over the winter I did the Heggis flip, but haven't had much of a chance to shoot it yet; it definitely lightened up the trigger!

Very accurate, very reliable with Federal bulk.  Mine doesn't seem to like Winchester ammo though.  With Winchester I have one or two failure to feed and/or failure to fires every 100 rounds or so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top