Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/17/2012 10:33:12 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/17/2012 3:07:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice report. This was the one I was going to get until the SR22 came out.

Never know, I may get a wild hair and .......get both!
Link Posted: 1/21/2012 12:03:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I want one bad..this thread is not helping my wallet..
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 3:51:34 AM EDT
[#3]
What is this barrel block you speak of? Is it the threaded nut looking thing at the muzzle and what is it's purpose, never seen one on this gun before?
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 7:06:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 5:03:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you sure about the slide being machined aluminum. I really want one, but don't want a piece of junk pot metal slide like what is on the Walther P22.

There is a brand new thread on this board about a guy's Walther slide cracking, breaking, and hitting him in the face while shooting. Dangerous to say the least, at least he had saftey glasses on.

I want a factory threaded barrel, so Ruger's new SR 22 is out of the equation.

Still waiting on my Gemtech Outback IID to get approved by the ATF and I have been trying to figure out what pistol to get so I am ready to target practice when I pick up my suppressor.

Thanks for the write up and your time.

Link Posted: 1/22/2012 5:20:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 6:03:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you sure about the slide being machined aluminum. I really want one, but don't want a piece of junk pot metal slide like what is on the Walther P22.

There is a brand new thread on this board about a guy's Walther slide cracking, breaking, and hitting him in the face while shooting. Dangerous to say the least, at least he had saftey glasses on.

Still waiting on my Gemtech Outback IID to get approved by the ATF and I have been trying to figure out what pistol to get so I am ready to target practice when I pick up my suppressor.

Yes, the slide is aluminum. It is not the pot metal crap of the P22.

Arent both pistols made by the same company in Germany though, Umerex or something?

Link Posted: 1/22/2012 7:20:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, the slide is aluminum. It is not the pot metal crap of the P22.

Arent both pistols made by the same company in Germany though, Umerex or something?  

Yes they are made by Walther who is owned by Umarex for Smith and Wesson to their specs.  Just because Walther makes it, doesn't mean they make it the same way.
Link Posted: 1/23/2012 7:37:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 2:05:11 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been thinking about getting one of these in the future. I live in NY though so the 12 round mag counts as a "Large capacity ammunition feeding device".

Do you think those mags could be easily permanently blocked to hold ten rounds?

Link Posted: 1/27/2012 4:12:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've been thinking about getting one of these in the future. I live in NY though so the 12 round mag counts as a "Large capacity ammunition feeding device".

They are sold with either 10 or 12 round magazines with spares available for both. I think the S&W item number for the 10 round kit is #122000.
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 4:34:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are sold with either 10 or 12 round magazines with spares available for both. I think the S&W item number for the 10 round kit is #122000.

Link Posted: 1/27/2012 5:19:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that was pretty easy. I don't know why I didn't see that before.
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 5:44:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that was pretty easy. I don't know why I didn't see that before.

Glad to help a fellow New Yorker. Was born and raised on L.I.

Link Posted: 2/1/2012 1:33:26 AM EDT
[#15]
What did you pay for it?  I noticed the MP22 when it came out but fell by thw wayside due to having a mosquito.  Might get one with tax money.  Should probably start looking at cans for them.

MAHA
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 5:04:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 8:27:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What did you pay for it?  I noticed the MP22 when it came out but fell by thw wayside due to having a mosquito.  Might get one with tax money.  Should probably start looking at cans for them.

MAHA

I got one on GB for $330 from a shop about an hour away.
Most prices I have seen are $350-$400.
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 1:51:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Have you shot it anymore since the initial review? I was sold on the buckmark but then the SR22 came out and now I'm finding this gun and its looking really nice.

Link Posted: 2/1/2012 1:52:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 2:07:47 PM EDT
[#20]
does it fit the same holsters as the centerfire version?
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 2:20:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

According to Crossbreed holsters, their M&P holster will fit all full size M&P's. Waiting on my holster to be made, when It arrives I will be able to confirm or deny if they do.

Gun:S&W M&P semi auto, all variants (NOT the old M&P revolvers, sorry)
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 5:45:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

My 22 fits in the same holsters as my full size.
The only difference I have found is it is a little difficult to re-holster because the recoil spring is lighter on the 22. I also have all of my holsters set pretty tight for retention.
I just have to put my thumb on the back of the slide.
Link Posted: 2/5/2012 8:01:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Thanks for the nice review. While it sounds like this one may work out OK, I for one am very disappointed that Smith went this route. I would have much rather seen a conversion upper that worked on a standard frame. If I'm going to buy a gun like this as a training tool then I want it to have the same exact feel, controls and trigger as the centerfire gun it is mimicking. Otherwise what good is it?

How does the trigger in this gun compare feel wise (pull weight, break, reset) to a standard M&P trigger?
Link Posted: 2/5/2012 9:00:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/5/2012 7:00:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Who has these in stock? I've been looking for a while with no luck? I'm definitely getting one now.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 5:55:55 AM EDT
[#26]

Budsgunshop

I could go on.

Jetguns....

Not sure about forum sponsors
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 6:14:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Who has these in stock? I've been looking for a while with no luck? I'm definitely getting one now.

Kentucky Gun Co.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 7:49:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Like a glove. Just received my holster today.

Link Posted: 2/10/2012 3:00:03 PM EDT
[#29]
ordered mine from grabagun.com for $353 shipped. Should be here tomorrow:D
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 3:25:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
ordered mine from grabagun.com for $353 shipped. Should be here tomorrow:D

Buy a bunch of ammo for it. You will enjoy it very much

Link Posted: 2/10/2012 6:54:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I bought from a FFL in Rio Rancho.  It was his last.  He might be able to get more.  IM me if you want his info.

Thanks

MAHA

Link Posted: 2/11/2012 4:17:27 PM EDT
[#32]
ok figured it out...

got the safety removed. Took me awhile;)

I think i'm going to leave the magazine disconnect it seems a bit complicated.
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 4:36:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Great thread.

Thanks Dog1.

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 4:29:07 PM EDT
[#34]
I took mine out last night.  I ran a couple mag through it.  Ran with a problem.  I was using Rem Goldne bullet.  

THe mosquito that I just got back from the factory is a different story...

MAHA
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 4:29:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 7:43:06 PM EDT
[#36]
TAG for more. I'm really debating what kinda 22 I want to get, and this really is jumping out at me for a trainer for my M&P9.

I've yet to find a bad word about these online, other than the uninformed HURRDURR UMAREX ITS GONNA SUCK.

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 8:41:54 PM EDT
[#37]
fit and finish is very good and they fit my average (kinda XL) size hands like a glove. I removed the safety levers and bought 2 extra mags from greg cote llc (they got here in 2 days) for $28.95 each I think.

I will probably shoot it thursday.

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 9:17:00 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

fit and finish is very good and they fit my average (kinda XL) size hands like a glove. I removed the safety levers and bought 2 extra mags from greg cote llc (they got here in 2 days) for $28.95 each I think.

I agree. I got a chance to play with one at the funshop the other day, but I just wanted to do some more debating before I pulled the trigger.

Hopefully this thread will persuade me.

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 9:08:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree. I got a chance to play with one at the funshop the other day, but I just wanted to do some more debating before I pulled the trigger.  

Hopefully this thread will persuade me.

Nothing to debate, just buy it and you won't regret it. Great gun and  accurate. Had mine for a month or so now and not a single issue with it. I do want to replace the rear sight though.

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 9:35:27 AM EDT
[#40]
I think I'm going to paint my rear sight. It should look like the classic glock U when I'm done. Nail polish might be too thin so I may even glue a white sticker to it or something.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 11:10:40 AM EDT
[#41]
I hated the stock rear sight because the notch was not low enough. Getting a good sight picture proved to be difficult. So I switched it out. Much better now.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 2:34:19 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I hated the stock rear sight because the notch was not low enough. Getting a good sight picture proved to be difficult. So I switched it out. Much better now.

They fit normal M&P sights?

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 2:35:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 6:15:09 PM EDT
[#45]
I bought an M&P 22 this evening based on this thread's recommendations.

Range report will follow.

ETA: Anyone have a good source for mags?

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 6:51:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

44Mag when in stock or order from Smith or online search

Can't wait to see the report. You will love it as the rest of us do
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered 5 from 44mag and they got here in a week.
They are GTG.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:09:44 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I ordered 5 from 44mag and they got here in a week.

They are GTG.

Awesome!  Thanks, y'all.

Link Posted: 2/18/2012 4:27:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Glad to help
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 10:22:47 AM EDT
[#50]
44mag was out of stock so I ordered from Greg cote llc. Very nice guy mags arrived FAST
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top