Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 71
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:44:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By danpass:

One thing I've noticed in just about every pic is the lanyard seems to be at full tension.

Having slung up before ........ does this help to steady the pistol?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Dunderway:

I'm still trying to understand the lanyard lol

At the risk of being told the obvious ....... go
I can't comment on the combat utility.  

BUT, if you "deep six" a pistol off of a small boat (which happens), you are in for some serious headaches/explaining when you would much rather be sleeping.  

Not to mention that these were originally hand built customs, and not very easy to replace.

One thing I've noticed in just about every pic is the lanyard seems to be at full tension.

Having slung up before ........ does this help to steady the pistol?
It seemed to have a lot more stretch than I was giving it at full arm extension, in the limited instances that I used one.

It did a pretty good job of being unnoticeable IME.  

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:00:53 AM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By Parabellum226:

Mr. Vickers with his personal PWS-built M45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bwwmzJvfGU

link
View Quote
Very cool, thanks for posting.

I bet if he received enough requests, we could could get an episode (or at least a segment) dedicated to the M45/MEU(SOC) 1911.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:26:49 AM EDT
[#3]
It would certainly be neat to see...
...but then again, Kings safeties would be even harder to come by!

Link Posted: 5/13/2015 7:12:24 PM EDT
[#4]

I really wish I had been able to use a King's 201A on this build, but the pin holes on the Remington Rand frame were just slightly off.  Still an absolutely amazing pistol.

I have a couple other projects in store...yeah, yeah, I'm a parts hoarder.

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 2:26:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I just swapped some Pachmayer grips onto my Springfield Loaded.  It's the first step towards this goal.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:45:31 PM EDT
[#6]
USN if you ever want to let go of one of those King's let me know, its the last part I need....
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 4:49:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By FAB-10_Guy:
I just swapped some Pachmayer grips onto my Springfield Loaded.  It's the first step towards this goal.
<a href="http://s36.photobucket.com/user/johngfoster/media/027E32EC-A16F-4836-B5AC-DA544BC53FD4_zpsxr2wyczz.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e21/johngfoster/027E32EC-A16F-4836-B5AC-DA544BC53FD4_zpsxr2wyczz.jpg</a>
View Quote

Something about those cheap rubber grips transform the gun, I did the same with my range officer.  Much better grip than the wood.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 3:56:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Cpl. Michael Fuentez fires an M45A1 close-quarters battle pistol at targets during weapons qualification Jan. 8 at Range 174 on Camp Hansen. Fuentez is with the Special Reaction Team, Camp Foster Provost Marshal’s Office, Marine Corps Installations Pacific-Marine Corps Base Camp Butler, Japan and a Los Angeles, Calif. native. SRT is the military equivalent to Special Weapons and Tactics teams. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Sgt. Matthew Callahan/Released)
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 10:30:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Awesome thread.  I sort of wish I had thought to put the forward serrations on my slide before it was cerrakoted.  Was not making a MEUSOC clone so mine is black.  The barrel is also coated and it is holding up very well after about 2000 cycles (dry fire and live fire...mostly dry fire)
I have a set of the Pacymayer rubber grips w/ medallions in great shape if someone needs them .... trade for a mag or something...shoot me a PM.
Since this a MEUSOC thread, if you're a Marine let me know I will send them to you.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#10]
If anybody here is missing a King's as their last part, please post pics of what you have got and I'll send you a link for where to find one. It's on a full gun, but the price is not bad given what you can recoup by selling the gun.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 4:20:36 PM EDT
[#11]
additionally, surefire 310r in the EE... looks like its in great condition... not mine but figured id throw it out there as those in this thread might be looking for one... at a premium it looks like though.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_148/1441557_Surefire_310r_for_1911.html
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 4:24:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By FAB-10_Guy:
<a href="http://s36.photobucket.com/user/johngfoster/media/027E32EC-A16F-4836-B5AC-DA544BC53FD4_zpsxr2wyczz.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e21/johngfoster/027E32EC-A16F-4836-B5AC-DA544BC53FD4_zpsxr2wyczz.jpg</a>
View Quote

Mine is on its way, too. The rack number '8' is because this is the eighth 1911 I've owned.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:05:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Who sells a 1911 Gov model Flat Mainspring Housing Serrated W/ Lanyard Loop ?
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:09:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Caspian, I believe.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 2:01:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks, I'll check there.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 2:29:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lawdog-1] [#16]
The PWS Build Springfield slide/Caspian frame, Bar-Sto Barrel. Ed Brown memory grove beavertail & Ambi thumb safety? pp44 And checked Caspian Arms web site and found what I was looking a Flat Serrated Main Spring Housing w/ Layard Loop there for $33.43
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 10:51:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Lawdog-1:
The PWS Build Springfield slide/Caspian frame, Bar-Sto Barrel. Ed Brown memory grove beavertail & Ambi thumb safety? pp44 And checked Caspian Arms web site and found what I was looking a Flat Serrated Main Spring Housing w/ Layard Loop there for $33.43
View Quote

Are there any additional parts needed for a Springfield with the internal lock system? If so, what are they?

I may try the Brownell's Alumi-Hyde painting method of blackening the barrel/bushing/plug.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 1:59:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Parabellum226] [#18]
If you replace the mainspring housing, it pays to just get the new parts to fit into it (The ed brown frame rebuild kit is a good way to go). The stock ILS mainspring doesn't have the cap retaining pin you will need, has a different weight spring designed specifically for the ILS (If I recall correctly) and the cap itself looks different.
On the ones I have done, I have found that a Caspian pin set and Wolff GM453 spring kit are a safe thing to have on hand. The ILS mainsprings go, and after the springs have been swapped I put in an Ed Brown Springfield firing pin. At least that was the procedure prior to getting them reamed for .45 acp firing pins. As with everything, that's preference.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 1:43:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 1:12:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Need help I am building a parts list and waiting for my New Spring Loaded PX9109LP and the Caspian web says they don't carry their brand Firing Pin Stop for the .45ACP any more. what brand should I use? I did order the correct Caspian Arm in white Flat Serrated mainspring housing w/ Landyard Loop.& Ed Brown spring Kit for the Housing. The Build List from PP # 1.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 1:20:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lawdog-1] [#21]
Should I use the factory Springfield trigger or buy a C&S Trigger to be correct? I plan on gutting the frame and slide and putting  all the new parts in the lower and barrel. Bar-Sto Match barrel is on order and have some new Ed Brown Parts from my Springfield MC Operator build in my 3 years old parts box and send it to the Springfield CS to be all hand fit the right way.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 2:27:15 AM EDT
[#22]
I don't understand how people tolerate the drop holster.  The thing is all the way down there and when you sit its all the way down there AND behind you.

The low ride holster is where it's at.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:52:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Should I use the factory Springfield trigger or buy a C&S Trigger to be correct? I plan on gutting the frame and slide and putting  all the new parts in the lower and barrel. Bar-Sto Match barrel is on order and have some new Ed Brown Parts from my Springfield MC Operator build in my 3 years old parts box and send it to the Springfield CS to be all hand fit the right way.
View Quote

In my opinion, if you're going the premium parts and fitting route, why cheap out on the trigger. As for the Caspian FP stop, check Brownells. If they don't have it, you really won't notice a difference. Someone is more likely to get snobby about the Springfield frame and tritium sights than an incorrect branded FP stop.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:48:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lawdog-1] [#24]
Well, I got into local FFL and pick it up SIG mk25 w/thread barrel and my Springfield PX9109LP that I won off of gunbroker.com $ 675.00.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:17:11 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm sure these have probably been posted before but here goes anyways:

I think this might supposedly by Larry Vicker's pistol, so not a meusoc.  Or one he built?  Or not...  but what the heck I'll throw it in (gotta let the army have some fun too).  I really like that one...

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:29:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Recently acquired a vintage Pachmayr "Basic Combat" 1911.  I think this a Swenson Ambi; not sure about the grip safety:

Link Posted: 7/25/2015 12:37:08 PM EDT
[#27]
What size is the Last four of the SN on the Bar-Sto barrel Hood? And what size is the ( PWS ) stamp of the barrel hood?
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 1:31:29 PM EDT
[#28]
What size is the Last four of the SN on the Bar-Sto barrel Hood? And what size is the ( PWS ) stamp of the barrel hood?
View Quote

The size of the last 4 stamps should be 1/16th and the PWS-P should be 1/8th.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 5:07:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Thank You.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 4:03:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By OODA_Loop:
Recently acquired a vintage Pachmayr "Basic Combat" 1911.  I think this a Swenson Ambi; not sure about the grip safety:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/kornjaca/1911/180198.jpg
View Quote

The grip safety was made by Pachmyar. It was commonly used for Pachmayr Combat Special.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 11:34:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Paging Augee, Can anybody post a Close-Up Photo of MEU (SOC) Bar-Sto barrel hood with the last four SN Stamped & PWS Stamped on the barrel hood?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:02:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Does anyone know of a good source for sights?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:22:10 AM EDT
[#33]
on page 64 of this thread,member pws2112 has a picture of the barrel hood with the last 4 digits and pws stamp, I have had him stamp my parts for 4 different meu.soc builds that I have going and his work is outstanding!!!!   and he is not expensive at all, with a quick turnaround. he also makes the rear pws sight
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:15:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Ummm yeah, that's because PWS2112 is the real deal. I'll try and post some barrel shrouds of my authentic Meusoc and M45 soon.  

Originally Posted By accurange:
on page 64 of this thread,member pws2112 has a picture of the barrel hood with the last 4 digits and pws stamp, I have had him stamp my parts for 4 different meu.soc builds that I have going and his work is outstanding!!!!   and he is not expensive at all, with a quick turnaround. he also makes the rear pws sight
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/9/2015 9:13:49 PM EDT
[#35]

Grabbed a nice Clark GS at the gun show today.

It's .35 mm thinner than the tangs on my 1911.  Would you guys blend it or just let it be?

Also, is anyone still producing a PWS rear sight?  
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 1:27:26 PM EDT
[#36]
I just got a rear sight from PWS2112, super nice guy to deal with. Does anyone know of a good place to get a commander hammer?
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 1:49:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Anyone willing to trade a Millett .225 serrated ramp front sight for a Clark grip safety?
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 5:14:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Is it a wide or narrow tenon?
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 1:53:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By mlin:

The grip safety was made by Pachmyar. It was commonly used for Pachmayr Combat Special.
http://www.expeditionexchange.com/johnlee/guns001%20033.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By OODA_Loop:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/kornjaca/1911/180198.jpg

http://www.expeditionexchange.com/johnlee/guns001%20033.jpg

Damn, that brings back memories.  Actually, I've never evolved from that era as my most trusted semi-auto is still my first, a combat tuned two tone Ross Seyfried inspired Colt Series 70.  I still use the Dillon 450 that reloaded for it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 1:23:08 PM EDT
[#40]
You can find colt commander hammers on eBay every now and then, but if you go new I'd recommend Harrison Design. They are "prettier" which may be a negative, but the quality can't be beat. C&S also makes a ring hammer, but I went the Harrison route because it has the countersunk hole.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 2:55:00 PM EDT
[#41]

Originally Posted By thunderopossom:

I just got a rear sight from PWS2112, super nice guy to deal with. Does anyone know of a good place to get a commander hammer?
View Quote

Thanks.  Did you just PM him?

There are a few Colt Commander hammers on Gunbroker right now for cheap.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 8:36:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Yep, he is the man. If you have any questions he is knowledgeable too, almost like he has worked on a pistol or two.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 9:59:39 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Harrison Design, and Cylinder & Slide make 'em too. Rowell style, I assume he means.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 10:04:36 PM EDT
[#44]

Originally Posted By Number0neGun:
Harrison Design, and Cylinder & Slide make 'em too. Rowell style, I assume he means.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Number0neGun:

I couldn't find the Rowell style on the C&S website anymore.  The Harrison is extremely nice, but so overly machine finished that it would look out of place on an MEU clone IMHO.

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 10:15:00 PM EDT
[#45]
I went with the Harrison, bought it right before you guys mentioned the Colts gun broker. Here is the Cylinder and Slide hammer.

C&S hammer
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 10:20:42 PM EDT
[#46]
The captive half cock notch also made me want to choose the Harrison.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 12:41:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Cpl. Michael Fuentez fires an M45A1 close-quarters battle pistol at targets during weapons qualification Jan. 8 at Range 174 on Camp Hansen. Fuentez is with the Special Reaction Team, Camp Foster Provost Marshal’s Office, Marine Corps Installations Pacific-Marine Corps Base Camp Butler, Japan and a Los Angeles, Calif. native. SRT is the military equivalent to Special Weapons and Tactics teams. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Sgt. Matthew Callahan/Released)
http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r600/mlin1911/150108-M-IN448-059.jpg
View Quote

I frikkin love that photo. Thanks very much. From 2015 we presume?

I have fired this frame/design built from 1912 to 2014 and this is one of the best.

Link Posted: 8/15/2015 12:15:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Evening! If the USMC rail gun you mention is the M45, I think GB has them as low as $1600......they are the new ones in the 9,500 to over 10,000+/- s/n range all marked M45A1....  the Corps told Colt's to remove the USMC marking from the slide....the USMC pistols are perhaps $3500 to $4500 and all have 4 digit s/n or lower. Only a fraction of every 1,000 built went into civilian hands. The first 20 never left the Colt factory.

Double recoil springs, Novak night sights, 8 round Wilson Combat mags, has an action like oil on glass. Very nice U.S. marked pistol.

or, even better, once of the last blued War Colt's made, from the Summer 1941, Robert Sears inspected.

Link Posted: 8/15/2015 1:33:54 AM EDT
[#49]
You active duty men: Is there a preferred holster for the M45 Colt yet?

As you know, the true Picatinney rail (the first handgun with an AR rail) prevents fit in most holsters. Please advise an owner of several. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 4:26:11 AM EDT
[#50]
The M45 is the name for the PWS built guns, the Colt gun is the M45A1
Page / 71
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top