@Just10mm Deets? Is that an ACW?
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 11:22:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By airgunner:

I like that one /\ a lot.

@Just10mm Deets? Is that an ACW?
View Quote

It is indeed an ACW. I ordered it as a Prime with all the options except the magwell, as soon as I took delivery I regretted not getting the magwell and ordered one from Stan Chen.

The grips are hard maple from Woodcaliber.com, the grip screws are nitre blue from Derr precision that I clocked the slots.

I have put 200 rounds of my swc through her and the fit, finish and handling are beyond my expectations. It is remarkable in every way and I plan on shooting it regularly for the rest of my life.

Thank you, my grail gun as it were.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 11:43:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Just10mm:

It is indeed an ACW. I ordered it as a Prime with all the options except the magwell, as soon as I took delivery I regretted not getting the magwell and ordered one from Stan Chen.

The grips are hard maple from Woodcaliber.com, the grip screws are nitre blue from Derr precision that I clocked the slots.

I have put 200 rounds of my swc through her and the fit, finish and handling are beyond my expectations. It is remarkable in every way and I plan on shooting it regularly for the rest of my life.

Thank you, my grail gun as it were.
View Quote

It's a beautiful gun, classy and all business.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 7:04:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Hit my 10mm slide with a couple of applications of Presto Black, turned out not too bad for a cold blue on stainless. Might do the frame, might not. Next on the list is a S&A Magwell and stainless safeties.

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 6:57:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By proffett:
Hit my 10mm slide with a couple of applications of Presto Black, turned out not too bad for a cold blue on stainless. Might do the frame, might not. Next on the list is a S&A Magwell and stainless safeties.
https://i.imgur.com/xg2cRp4.jpg

View Quote

You mean the Birchwood Casey stuff?
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 8:17:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: proffett] [#7]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

You mean the Birchwood Casey stuff?
View Quote
It's Birchwood Technologies, not Birchwood Casey... I'm not sure if the companies are related or not, but here's the stuff I used.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C1KSJH2J

ETA: Apparently they are related, two branches of a parent company or something like that. Makes sense, I guess. I think the stuff I used this time around was a much better product than the Birchwood Casey Cold Blue I've used in the past.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:51:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SSeric02:
It's a beautiful gun, classy and all business.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/23/2023 2:30:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: para_frame] [#9]
So many stunning 1911s in here.

Here is my SA Milspec I built/assembled/hacked when I lived in California and couldn't really just order exactly what I wanted, affordably at least.

Milled for Bomar rear sight, beaver tail fitted, smoothed and tightened action, C&S tactical II sear/disconnector/hammer kit and other tweaks. It isn't pretty but it runs great, so its basically a Glock.

It has had a tough life shooting USPSA and IDPA with a less than rigorous cleaning and maintenance schedule but it has served me well. It's definitely one of my "save in the event of a fire" items.

Link Posted: 8/26/2023 5:38:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSeric02] [#10]
Went back to the OEM mainspring housing on my Baer. Surprisingly, the grips are Hogue Goncalo Alves.

Link Posted: 8/27/2023 3:26:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 11:29:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 8/29/2023 8:33:03 AM EDT
[#13]
What holster is that for the Commander?
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 8:18:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By proffett:
What holster is that for the Commander?
View Quote

That looks like an Incog.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 7:35:53 AM EDT
[#15]

@Just10mm GOTTDAMN that's a clean looking gun! go put a metric ton of honest wear on it.

I've been wanting an ACW for years. I am currently saving up money for night vision but I'll be damned if I don't have saved just enough to get the ALchemy I want, and I have a milestone birthday coming up next month
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 3:36:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:

@Just10mm GOTTDAMN that's a clean looking gun! go put a metric ton of honest wear on it.

I've been wanting an ACW for years. I am currently saving up money for night vision but I'll be damned if I don't have saved just enough to get the ALchemy I want, and I have a milestone birthday coming up next month
View Quote

Lol, working on it my man, got another 200 rounds through her and what a machine. The more of a feel I get for it, the more I appreciate the craftsmanship.

I had a milestone myself, I say YOLO.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 4:59:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Just10mm:

I had a milestone myself, I say YOLO.
View Quote

Not helping :-/

I paid off my student loans (med program) and turn 40 this year. NV seems more practical but damn if these don’t look good.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 5:22:30 PM EDT
[#18]

Not helping :-/

I paid off my student loans (med program) and turn 40 this year. NV seems more practical but damn if these don’t look good.
View Quote

In the 4 months it takes to arrive, you can save up for your NVGs. Best to get it while you're still young enough to enjoy it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 12:47:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rmEnjoyer] [#19]
hi

Link Posted: 9/2/2023 3:08:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 2:44:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 9/4/2023 7:31:04 PM EDT
[#22]
My Springfield Loaded Operator.

Link Posted: 9/6/2023 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#23]
My humble P14-45 Ltd
Given to me by my father (happily still with us); if it was good enough for a Green Beret, its good enough for me!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 3:15:07 PM EDT
[#24]
1911 life. Only 1 four-five though.

Link Posted: 9/13/2023 12:59:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 5:00:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSeric02] [#26]
.45 Friday, plus a 9mm.

Link Posted: 9/15/2023 5:27:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 5:22:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 1:32:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSeric02] [#29]
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:22:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 5:39:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#31]
Issued guns in Astan till we turned them in in 2017 back to Crane.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 2:40:32 PM EDT
[#32]
@SSeric02

I stole your idea yo. Though your picture skills are far better than mine.

Link Posted: 9/20/2023 2:50:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSeric02] [#33]
Originally Posted By bad2006z71:
@SSeric02

https://i.imgur.com/zaNDIKYh.jpg?2
https://i.imgur.com/86XZmfFh.jpg?2
https://i.imgur.com/XO5sQ2sh.jpg?2

View Quote

I don't know about that, my photos are pretty basic, and your pics look pretty damn good. You also have much cooler ammo than me (although I've got a mint box of 9mm BT somewhere collecting dust).

Really though, it's all about the light, natural light being the best. I usually just take pics on a table I've got near a window, so some days the light is better than others. I will also note that the Arf media server definitely compresses photos and drops the resolution compared to other hosts like Imgur.

ETA: My Custom Carry didn't come with a cool pistol LB pistol case like that. All I got was a plane cardboard box.
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 3:00:42 PM EDT
[#34]

I don't know about that, my photos are pretty basic, and your pics look pretty damn good. You also have much cooler ammo than me (although I've got a mint box of 9mm BT somewhere collecting dust).

Really though, it's all about the light, natural light being the best. I usually just take pics on a table I've got near a window, so some days the light is better than others. I will also note that the Arf media server definitely compresses photos and drops the resolution compared to other hosts like Imgur.

ETA: My Custom Carry didn't come with a cool pistol LB pistol case like that. All I got was a plane cardboard box.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
@SSeric02

https://i.imgur.com/zaNDIKYh.jpg?2
https://i.imgur.com/86XZmfFh.jpg?2
https://i.imgur.com/XO5sQ2sh.jpg?2

It's a midway usa case that a lady at work sewed the LB patch on for me. It sits in a closet for the most part.
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 3:03:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Ha, that gray case I've been taking pics on lately is a Midway rifle case, too.
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 5:12:18 PM EDT
[#36]
My Quantico Hicap

Link Posted: 9/21/2023 2:37:37 PM EDT
[#37]
@bad2006z71

Link Posted: 9/21/2023 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#38]
@bad2006z71

https://i.imgur.com/4EzwUT4.jpg
View Quote

Nice. Although my Baer's were tighter and better trigger's, I kind of regret selling my SACS gun since their Custom shop is no more.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 3:37:50 PM EDT
[#39]

Nice. Although my Baer's were tighter and better trigger's, I kind of regret selling my SACS gun since their Custom shop is no more.
View Quote

Yeah, it's a damn shame. I wish I'd bought the .45 version of the Ultimate Carry before they shut down too. I really liked their build philosophy.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:29:53 PM EDT
[#40]

@BSmith79 probably a silly question.... but is it worth it? I love their philosophy and I own a few baers but I've been thinking about a higher capacity 9mm for some time. Theirs is not cheap (obviously) but is it worth it?
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:53:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BSmith79] [#41]

@BSmith79 probably a silly question.... but is it worth it? I love their philosophy and I own a few baers but I've been thinking about a higher capacity 9mm for some time. Theirs is not cheap (obviously) but is it worth it?
View Quote

I honestly can’t answer that. It’s a personal decision.

Is it magic? No it isn’t. Have I handled better looking guns? Probably.

Diminishing returns and all that. It’s just a matter of what you think is, for lack of a better way to put it, “cool.”

It’s just like luxury watch buying. A Rolex really isn’t any better than many other $200 watches at telling time. It’s just the package it’s in, knowing the craft of who built it, the handcrafted nature, etc.

Alchemy customer service is top notch too. With a company like this you get fast, personal service. So that’s another thing to consider.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 8:06:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By BSmith79:

I honestly can’t answer that. It’s a personal decision.

Is it magic? No it isn’t. Have I handled better looking guns? Probably.

Diminishing returns and all that. It’s just a matter of what you think is, for lack of a better way to put it, “cool.”

It’s just like luxury watch buying. A Rolex really isn’t any better than many other $200 watches at telling time. It’s just the package it’s in, knowing the craft of who built it, the handcrafted nature, etc.

Alchemy customer service is top notch too. With a company like this you get fast, personal service. So that’s another thing to consider.
View Quote

@BSmith79 thanks for that. I agree about diminishing returns and that's part of the reason I don't own any 1911s that cost more than my Baers. It's hard to justify paying more when I can't justify that I'm getting more.

that said, I'm wearing a Tudor to give my Omega a break. Seems like us 1911 guys are also into watches. Crazy how that works
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 9:31:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 2:34:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Added a SA 9mm Operator

Link Posted: 10/15/2023 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Attachment Attached File

Enjoyed the nice weather today.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 7:39:13 PM EDT
[#47]
CAttachment Attached File
cabin carry
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 8:01:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Chttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/455820/IMG_5488_jpeg-2993317.JPG cabin carry
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/17/2023 8:31:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By jtdam24:
https://i.imgur.com/ALLOvIo.jpg
View Quote

Wow!  I love the duty finish with those grips!  What grips are those?  I've got to have them for my DW.

Nice pistols, perfect match of classic good looks with modern features.

Probably my favorite pic in this entire thread.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 7:57:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By MKEman:

Wow!  I love the duty finish with those grips!  What grips are those?  I've got to have them for my DW.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MKEman:
Originally Posted By jtdam24:
https://i.imgur.com/ALLOvIo.jpg

Thanks for the kind words! Both pistols are wearing VZ grips-

Grips
Page / 139
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top