Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2005 12:42:19 AM EDT
I went shooting this weekend with my SA1911 and SIG 220ST and I realized how much I love my 1911. I fully expected to come back saying my SIG was number one but I did not. So my next pistol is going to be another 1911. My question is about the fit and finish. I love my Springfield but wonderd if the Kimbers had less machine marks inside and a little better fit. So if you have both or have worked on both is the machine work on one better quality or the same? Like I said I love my Springfield loaded and G.I. but would look into the Kimber if it was a smoother pistol. The Raptor and the Tactical models both intrest me. Like I said I am not trying to start a which is better thread the Kimbers are smoother and better machined or they are not. My Springfields shoot great MIM parts and all so that is not my question realy. What I am interested in is the slide and frame machining. Thanks for any input.
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 7:33:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 8:08:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Best fit and finish = Ed Brown.  I think he makes the prettiest 1911s period and the prettiest guns period.  I didn't say the best guns, just the prettiest.  They are great guns too though.  They cost a bit more than most Kimbers or SAs though.
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 9:12:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I am sure they are beutiful pistols but my price range is the Kimber or Springfield lines. Thanks for all the input.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top