Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2017 9:20:56 AM EDT
Can someone tell me what size roll pin is used for the front sight of a 1911?  I don't know if it's standard across the board but I have a Dan Wesson VBob and a Sig Nitron with roll pins in the front sights.  I am going to change the sights on both but need to order new roll pins first.  I bought the replacement sights used so they did not come with roll pins.  Plus, I'm going to need to order a punch to remove them.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 11:47:24 AM EDT
[#1]
It can vary, but mostly 1/16" is what I see.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:04:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Once you tap the roll pin out you can reuse them, I usually toss them in the trash though.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 3:51:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, I believe they are 1/16.  But, the problem I've had is that DW uses a non-standard location for the pin, which means that after market sights won't line up with the existing hole.  Check for this and don't be surprised.  And, don't try to make it work by just smashing it in there -- it won't.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top