Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2017 12:27:37 PM EDT
Looking to upgrade my sights but, can't find anywhere what the "standard" Colt rear sight was cut to. Would like to find a direct drop in sight without having to recut the rear dovetail.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 9:54:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Harrison custom retro
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 4:15:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
The 10-8 u-notch is a nice upgrade.  This would allow you to pick a brass bead, night or fiber optic front sight for a good sight picture.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 3:48:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the advice. Went with the 10-8 U notch sight and a matching fiber optic front sight.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 4:20:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Is the front of the slide dovetail cut?
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 12:06:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes, the front is cut, but I took that into consideration and the new one should fit. Had a set of XS Big Dot sights put on years ago and just never really could make them work for me much beyond handshake range. Something suddenly made me feel like it was high time I dropped $100 on a set of sights that will allow the Colt to escape the safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top