Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2017 2:44:19 PM EDT
Town between the two. I want to build a railed 1911 host for my Osprey. I (think) I've narrowed it down to the Springfield MC Operator (new model) and a Colt M45A1 (with the ionbond finish)
I've had the older version of the MC Operator, still have one of the cerakote M45s but this one is going into the carry rotation along with my GRP and G19.

I could work over my GRP, or the M45 in the safe, but that would negate the "need" to purchase a new 1911, wheres the fun in that :-)
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 11:09:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Just get a Remington threaded 1911.  It's close to.a.match barrel and fitting said barrel.

Seen them go for $600 on GB all the time.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 12:55:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Dan Wesson discretion
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 9:55:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just get a Remington threaded 1911.  It's close to.a.match barrel and fitting said barrel.

Seen them go for $600 on GB all the time.
View Quote
This.

http://grabagun.com/remington-1911-1911-45acp-5-8rd-blk-ehanced-tb.html
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 2:04:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This.

http://grabagun.com/remington-1911-1911-45acp-5-8rd-blk-ehanced-tb.html
View Quote
Interesting. It would be cheaper having an ambi fit vs a barrel and sights. Hows the fit and finish on the Remington? I haven't seen one locally.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 4:48:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I am no 1911 expert, but Remington is very nicely fit and the finish is nicer than my Colt competition 1911.  I put in a Wilson Combat 18.5# recoil spring to calm it down when using my Griffin .45

Revolution.  Only thing I've had to do was add a tiny drop of loctite to the screws after over 2000 rnds.  It has a nice trigger and is very accurate.  Seemed a lot easier than having barrels and

bushings fit for one of my other 1911s.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 6:33:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I currently own  a Colt RG and love it. I previously owned a MC Operator an it was a very good gun. I think all in all pretty much the same. The Colt is series 80, the Springfield is series 70. The finish on the Springfield is a little more durable. I like the look of, and serrations, on the Colt slide better. In the end I would get the one you can get a better deal on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top