Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2017 6:16:22 AM EDT
My Springfield Range Officer Operator 9mm just came back from Nighthawk Custom. I am officially happy that Springfield Custom Shop "forced" me to send NH the work.

-Checker Front Strap 25 LPI

-Reliability Enhancement Package

-Trigger Job, Nighthawk Match Grade Complete Trigger Job, 3.5 - 4.0 lb. (Including all new fully machined parts) Hammer, Sear, Disconnector, Trigger, and Sear Spring **Set pull to 4.5lbs**

-Safety, Ambidextrous, Install, Fit and Tune

-Magwell, Install and Fit Blended One Piece
Magwell/Mainspring Housing (Falcon), cut from forging

-Shorten Slide Stop & Bevel Frame
**Blend in the rear of the slide to frame**

-Prep Job, Grade 3, Prep Frame & slide, Detail prep all small parts, all bevels, blend, smooth scallops & trigger

-Black Nitride Finish, Complete Gun
-Black Nitride Finish, Individual Parts
**Finish trigger, barrel, and barrel bushing in black**
**Complete Blackout**

-Sights, Install Nighthawk 2 Dot Rear Sight & Tritium
Front Sight

-Test Fire, Inspection, and Target

-Six (6) Magazines, 9mm Chip McCormick, XP Government,
10rd, with base pad

SpringHawk Port by J, on Flickr
2017-06-30_06-07-14 by J, on Flickr
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 9:09:50 AM EDT
[#1]
That's gorgeous brother. We need more detailed pics. The work looks awesome!
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 9:56:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice work, how was the run around time ?
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:07:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's gorgeous brother. We need more detailed pics. The work looks awesome!
View Quote
I will get on it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:08:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Nice work, how was the run around time ?
View Quote
Roughly 7 weeks.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:45:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks great brother.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:49:14 AM EDT
[#6]
7 weeks is light speed compared to most gunsmiths / custom shops. If it shoots as good as it looks you are in for a treat!
About the only thing different I would do ( personal thing) Is put a short A1 length trigger on it. I think long triggers on 1911's are one of the things all the modern builders get wrong. The vast majority of shooters would be better off with a short trigger. If any part of your trigger finger is contacting the frame when your tip is properly positioned on the trigger to fire, or you have to stretch to reach the trigger at all your trigger is too long.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:58:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Congratulations.  

Nothing better than having a pistol exactly how you want it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 12:05:04 PM EDT
[#8]
That's awesome man.

I had Nighthawk work on my TRP a while back and couldn't be happier with it. Took a pretty decent gun and made it 100% better.Well worth the money.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 12:14:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That's awesome man.

I had Nighthawk work on my TRP a while back and couldn't be happier with it. Took a pretty decent gun and made it 100% better.Well worth the money.
View Quote
What did you have done to your TRP?
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 12:22:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Match grade barrel and bushing install & fit

Long solid trigger install

Trigger job w/ NH hammer

Single safety fit and tune

Replaced MIM internals with NH parts

Tighten slide to frame fit

Photobucket is being stupid right now but I've got a pic of the beast. I'll try and post it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 3:34:02 PM EDT
[#11]
cost?
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 8:15:56 PM EDT
[#12]
That looks good.

I have a "Mil Spec" that I am debating using as trade bait or customizing. I like the A1 because it doesn't have the forward cocking serrations.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 8:18:45 AM EDT
[#13]
why did you have to send it to NH instead of springfield? I think it looks great, just curious.

also ballpark cost? PM if you don't want to post. I have a Les Baer Concept that I just don't shoot now that I have a TRS, so I'm deciding between tuning it to be a full custom blaster or trading it off for something I'll use. not sure which way to go with it...
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 8:46:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
why did you have to send it to NH instead of springfield? I think it looks great, just curious.

also ballpark cost? PM if you don't want to post. I have a Les Baer Concept that I just don't shoot now that I have a TRS, so I'm deciding between tuning it to be a full custom blaster or trading it off for something I'll use. not sure which way to go with it...
View Quote
Take a look at the limited services Springfield's "Custom Shop" is now offering.

Just a hair over  $2K for the above mentioned work.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 12:11:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks awesome!
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 12:17:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Attachment Attached File

Very nice setup.... I went with TRP but had a NH one piece magwell fitted in when my smith did some other upgrades.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 1:09:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
SACS in it's current form is a joke. Supposedly they will be adding additional services but no timeline as to when.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 4:09:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Amazingly enough, she shoots even better than she looks.

Smooth, accurate, and soft, even with +p+ loads.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 4:39:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:24:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Match grade barrel and bushing install & fit

Long solid trigger install

Trigger job w/ NH hammer

Single safety fit and tune

Replaced MIM internals with NH parts

Tighten slide to frame fit

Photobucket is being stupid right now but I've got a pic of the beast. I'll try and post it.
View Quote
Was the slide-to-frame fit sloppy?
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 5:27:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Not really sloppy, but had enough play in it to warrant them touching it up a bit. I didn't even ask for it!
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 2:10:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Not really sloppy, but had enough play in it to warrant them touching it up a bit. I didn't even ask for it!
View Quote
Unfortunately, now I am looking at my other 1911s and wondering which ones need to go to Nighthawk for some love.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 5:11:54 PM EDT
[#23]
You could send them to me and I'd be glad to let you know!
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 7:17:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You could send them to me and I'd be glad to let you know!
View Quote
Such a giving soul!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top