Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2017 11:40:23 PM EDT
Got the new Valor in today and all I can say is

The fit and finish of it are perfect as far as I can see. I like the looks of the Duty Treat finish.
The trigger is very nice, though I will say that my 2013 stainless Valor feels like it may be a tad better.
The beavertail is blended nearly perfect and aesthetically, that matters to me.
I have already changed out the slim grips as I don't care for them and added a magwell I had laying around.
I will order up some VZ OP II's if they have a good memorial day sale. Also the rear sight is going to go as I don't like the straight 8's. I'll add a 10-8 rear sometime.
I will say the only disappointment I have with the gun is that when racking the slide, it is quite a bit more gritty than what I expected, it is nowhere near as "ball bearing" smooth as my SA Combat Operator. Of course this is simply a personal feeling and will not affect function, nor will I feel it when actually shooting the Valor. It will smooth some with shooting as my Stainless one did, but even it is still not like the CO.
Stock:

After:

Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:46:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats!

I'm getting my first Dan Wesson soon, can't wait.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:30:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Decided that my Valor needed a little brother, so I picked up one in commander length with vbob. Freaking love both.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 8:15:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Congratulations! I am also a DW fan, and have a brand new Silverback that I just love to death!
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 11:23:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Silverback 10mm here. Going to get another DW in .45 most likely. Shoot it. Lube it during the break in period and it will be fine.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 1:55:36 PM EDT
[#5]
That's a beautiful 1911, good luck with it.

BTW; both sets of grips look terrific on that gun.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:03:21 PM EDT
[#6]
How are you guys lubing your Dan Wessons? I have a CBOB that hasn't failed on me (except for one of the provided magazines) and I lube it with motor oil but because of the tight tolerances I feel as though I need to add more oil every 100 rounds or so. It's that tight!
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 4:05:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How are you guys lubing your Dan Wessons? I have a CBOB that hasn't failed on me (except for one of the provided magazines) and I lube it with motor oil but because of the tight tolerances I feel as though I need to add more oil every 100 rounds or so. It's that tight!
View Quote
I've been using Weapon Shield, and so far, not a single failure in about 400 rounds (still breaking it in).
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 4:54:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wilson combat Ultima lube universal is what I use on everything from my baer to my springfield's, never had a problem.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 6:36:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I might look into those. I have around 1.5k rounds through my Wesson now and it's showing some frame wear. I guess it should be expected, though.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:40:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
I lubed mine every 21 rounds (7 round magazines) (rails and barrel exterior) with that little bottle of DW juice for the first couple of hundred rounds. Ran it pretty wet. Cleaned it after about each 10 magazines. I run them wet but not stupid wet. I typically run Mobil 1 on about everything. Have always run 1911s fairly wet and ARs somewhat wet. One heck of a pistol. My DW - related CZ 1911 A1 runs a fairly close second (for a bit less than 1/2 the price).

Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:52:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I use FP10, same thing DW provides with their guns
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top