Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2017 11:24:05 PM EDT
I have two colt 1911's that I would like looked at, and springs replaced and just a general going over. Who's a great 1911 gunsmith that won't have my gun for months ?

Midwest
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 5:37:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Where are you in MI.?

American Arms Engineering He does really good work but he's kind of a douche bag.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 5:57:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Call Bob Reeves at Nighthawk Custom. He's great to deal with and should get you squard away fast.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:19:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Old military 1911's? Old Colt commercials ? How old?
If you just want a function and safety check you can easily do this yourself and as far as springs if you want to replace the firing pin and recoil springs that is reasonable. Unless there is a functional problem all the other springs in a 1911 likely never need replacement at all. I have shot plenty of 90+ year old colts with all original springs with no troubles. I understand wanting to replace the recoil spring but other than that they are rather durable. I will caution 1911's made prior to the 1920's did not have heat treated slides and there are reports of cracked slides even with fresh spring and standard ammo. I have owned or shot dozens of old 1911's and never fracked a slide but the info is out there
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 7:47:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where are you in MI.?

American Arms Engineering He does really good work but he's kind of a douche bag.
View Quote
Hilarious.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top